Gear for Enduro 2.0

DR ◣◢

Anyone keen to buy a set of Hope M4's or swap for xt/xtr? No offers is Avid please I'd rather have clap.

I think 4 pot brakes are not really optimal for the type of riding I do.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone keen to buy a set of Hope M4's or swap for xt/xtr? No offers is Avid please I'd rather have clap.

Sorry bro, not keen o the brakes, just thought I'd agree on the need for 4 pots.

Going to be giving the Magura Trails a try next (4 pot front, 2 pot rear).

Sorry bro, not keen o the brakes, just thought I'd agree on the need for 4 pots.

Going to be giving the Magura Trails a try next (4 pot front, 2 pot rear).

JA. Keen on those. Tony has them. Great feel and loads of powa

I wanted to buy those, but opted for guides at half the price. Maybe somewhere down the line I will change. Have read lots of good stuff about those magura's

JA. Keen on those. Tony has them. Great feel and loads of powa

MT7..double 4 pot.....they are a thing of beauty.....and powa....

post-35907-0-43252600-1520101224_thumb.jpg

post-35907-0-19678800-1520101253_thumb.jpg

post-35907-0-38939000-1520101272_thumb.jpg

Just make sure you can get spare pads and Magura Royal Blood. I picked up a few sets on my last trip so all good for a while. Also they do prefer/recommend that you use the Magura Storm HC rotors as they are slightly thicker than others....I've run stock Shimano's 203's up front and 180 rear but couldn't say no to a free upgrade from the Magura rep in Les Gets during the PDS!!!

The MT Trails have no Contact Pad Adjustment but I've found that even on the MT 7, the travel is only about 5% so its not as good as the SRAM equivalents that are really noticeable. But that is a minor compared to the excellent modulation and feel from the brakes.....the power comes on immediately but nice and easy while feathering the lever and goes hard when stomp down on them! And no squealing!!! Even in the wet!

CWC are selling the Shimano and SRAM clamp convertors as well so you can hang your deraillers from them as well

PS: the 4 Pot set takes 4 x small, separate pads but there is also a single set type ie 2 x pads for the 4 pot

PPS: there are some great extra levers: HC3.... that have lots of adjustments eg leverage rate and reach adjustments

post-35907-0-93332800-1520100122_thumb.png

Edited by capediver

how much would you sell them for?

I wanted to buy those, but opted for guides at half the price. Maybe somewhere down the line I will change. Have read lots of good stuff about those magura's

A little birdy tells me the Magura Trail Sport retail for R4500,00 a set (without rotors)...

MT7..double 4 pot.....they are a thing of beauty.....and powa....

attachicon.gif20171221_173805.jpg

attachicon.gif20171221_173852.jpg

attachicon.gif20171221_173859.jpg

Just make sure you can get spare pads and Magura Royal Blood. I picked up a few sets on my last trip so all good for a while. Also they do prefer/recommend that you use the Magura Storm HC rotors as they are slightly thicker than others....I've run stock Shimano's 203's up front and 180 rear but couldn't say no to a free upgrade from the Magura rep in Les Gets during the PDS!!!

The MT Trails have no Contact Pad Adjustment but I've found that even on the MT 7, the travel is only about 5% so its not as good as the SRAM equivalents that are really noticeable. But that is a minor compared to the excellent modulation and feel from the brakes.....the power comes on immediately but nice and easy while feathering the lever and goes hard when stomp down on them! And no squealing!!! Even in the wet!

CWC are selling the Shimano and SRAM clamp convertors as well so you can hang your deraillers from them as well

PS: the 4 Pot set takes 4 x small, separate pads but there is also a single set type ie 2 x pads for the 4 pot

PPS: there are some great extra levers: HC3.... that have lots of adjustments eg leverage rate and reach adjustments

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-03-03 at 21.00.20.png

come on, tell the truth ...... you only went with these as they compliment the colour scheme on your bike :P

come on, tell the truth ...... you only went with these as they compliment the colour scheme on your bike :P

If you knew anything about me, you would know I don't just drop this type of spend frivolously... I did a lot of research and brain scratching before pulling the trigger....you can get customisable kits that you can apply for a few other colours as well and there are the higher priced Dan Atherton models as well which are even more matched.....but yes they do compliment my bike perfectly as a matter of happy coincidence!!!  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  hehehehe...me...happy!!

Edit...actually...I'm beginning to see I may have a problem!!!  :eek:

post-35907-0-09442700-1520275562_thumb.jpg

post-35907-0-18687700-1520275580_thumb.png

post-35907-0-29449600-1520275783.png

post-35907-0-89477500-1520275803.png

Edited by capediver

Oh yeah, come to Papa!

Now I just have to cook up a cunning plan to get this bad boy on the bike without the little lady catching on. :ph34r:

Going on my Reign Adv 0

fox3.jpg

fox1.jpg

fox2.jpg

Very nice!

I used to come up with cunning plans to get things on the bike until I realised I can just put them on the bike - the missus won't notice anyway haha. Even when I do specifcally show her something I have changed she just says, Oh it looks nice but I can't see the difference...

Works for me :D

If you knew anything about me, you would know I don't just drop this type of spend frivolously... I did a lot of research and brain scratching before pulling the trigger....you can get customisable kits that you can apply for a few other colours as well and there are the higher priced Dan Atherton models as well which are even more matched.....but yes they do compliment my bike perfectly as a matter of happy coincidence!!!  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  hehehehe...me...happy!!

Edit...actually...I'm beginning to see I may have a problem!!!  :eek:

attachicon.gifReign 10.jpg

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-03-05 at 22.43.09.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-03-05 at 22.47.17.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-03-05 at 22.48.23.png

Only problem I see is a suspiciously green garden...