LCHF - Low Carb High Fat Diet Ver 2

Re previous post.

Salt tabs are even more of a rip-off than etolls. Does anyone have access to a supplier who supplies in bulk (and cheap?)

I made a hectically spicy tripe curry last night with loads of salt. My first meal in a pressure cooker (Thing rocks! Save loads of electricity because all the heat doesn't escape as steam and the one I have is well-insulated)

Putting it into zip loc bags to freeze so I always have a salty snack at hand which I can dilute with more water and bomb in the microwave. Not as convenient as popping a pill, but tastier (and more complete?!)!

Will do more of the cooking for the whole week this year. Stressful new job beginning of Feb far away from home (where ppl shout at me if I leave cream in plain sight in the fridge LMAO) means this'll be possible and probably necessary.

Hope to share some neat time-saving and tasty recipes in the near future.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all,

Maybe somebody can help here. I have lost around 15kg's on Banting/ Paleo, and my weight kinda stable now, BUT, I am getting some comments from people that I look sickly thin, that also surely is not right.

Maybe I need to add some carbs back, maybe put 2 or 3 kg's back.

What you guys think??

Regards

Do you look like this, if not, then you can lose some more fat ;) :D

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xxe-tPCVtOs/TxCplLB5TbI/AAAAAAAAAJI/LfrDaPfVQow/s1600/skinny%2Bass%2Bbitch.jpg

Edit, sorry but thats flipping ugly..

Edited by deanbean

How do you feel?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, what some think is too thin, others will say is normal. Is Chris Froome sickly thin? Compared to Cavendish he is positively undernourished :whistling:

Passing the buck here ... only you can tell how you feel and therefor if you're too thin.

Hello all,

Maybe somebody can help here. I have lost around 15kg's on Banting/ Paleo, and my weight kinda stable now, BUT, I am getting some comments from people that I look sickly thin, that also surely is not right.

Maybe I need to add some carbs back, maybe put 2 or 3 kg's back.

What you guys think??

Regards

Also lost arounf 15kg on Banting. Family had a fit when they saw me after a few months. I've been stable at 85 kg's for almost a year now (first time in 25 years that I've been able to keep it stable). Still classified as overweight on BMI, but family still complains I'm too thin

Feel very good honestly. At 48yrs old my doctor says my BP is that of a teenager, Cholestrol down from 5.6 to 4.6. BMI is a heap of stinky honestly.

My fitness has gone down the toilet after the holidays but that will come back.

So, no I am not worried, just asking!!

Regards

Yessis, I'm fuming. Skynet farked up again. VCO Container damaged (again).

I might cancel the deal. Too much farking k@k.

Anyone on Google reads this: F@k Skynet. They are beyond useless. Use them at your peril.

Welcome in advance then :thumbup:

I'm not sure sale of raw milk is "not allowed" ... my local deli sold it till around 2 months back but supplier apparently stopped supplying - I got the feeling it was more an economics thing than a legal thing. Goat milk is available :eek:

There are places to go for this stuff, but you do need to look around. I use Gogo's in Newlands for eggs, grass fed meat, biltong, goat milk and cheese. http://gogosdeli.wozaonline.co.za

Daily Dairy is another name that springs to mind - somewhere in Northern Suburbs iirc - perhaps drop htone a note - I think he suggested them a while back.

Also seem to be more and more farmers markets popping up.

What is their pricing like? I see they do farm butter etc too.

Be careful of going too far ito weight loss. A ketogenic diet/VLC diet is semi starvation, especially if you see the amount of calories the people on this experiment ate. Google "The great starvation experiment" by Tucker. I bought the book. Very good read and fascinating. Google some images of the topic. Read this blog post,

http://rajganpath.co...eriment-part-1/

• Body temperature dropped from 98.6 to 95.8 F and subjects constantly complained that they were unable to bear even the mildest drop in temperatures.

• Heart rate dropped from 55 to 35 bpm.

• Body fat dropped from 14% to 5%.

• Edema (water retention resulting in swollen joints) was prevalent in the camp.

Edited by Topwine

What is their pricing like? I see they do farm butter etc too.

Eggs are quite a bit more then usual ... ±R70 of 24, but proper free range with decent size

Biltong, meat seems to be about the same as woolworths - sometimes a bit cheaper

Cheeses, etc are expensive - sort of the hand made style stuff.

Without sounding like a total prat, I often don't look too closely at the pricing - I'm happy to pay a little more for a quality product that I believe to be better for me.

Heading off there shortly - will enquire as to the status of raw milk, etc.

The worst is that the package was despatched to me yesterday but not delivered as "no one was home" as seen from waybill tracking. Specifically had multiple people there the whole time. Was also there myself. No hoots or cellphone calls. And then obviously the finishing blow: Damaging the container (again).

That makes Skynet liars on top of being incompetent. bLIKSms :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Staff training vid? http://1funny.com/how-not-to-load-freight/ :thumbdown:

I am expecting an order soon as well. I specifically stated that they should call prior to delivery. I hope I don't have the same issues.

We started with this sleek geek reboot(strict paleo) thing last week monday

At first it was ok but now I stay hungry and I get cravings like a pregnant women.

I just hope it passes soon.

I feel good though, cycling performance has stayed the same. Lost 3.7 kilos though which is quite a lot.

i am using my fitness pal + fitbit to tract my calories, but still loosing weight. I am 1.94 and weighing 86.7 now. Which is probs good enough, the wife is moaning I am to skinny already

We started with this sleek geek reboot(strict paleo) thing last week monday

At first it was ok but now I stay hungry and I get cravings like a pregnant women.

I just hope it passes soon.

I feel good though, cycling performance has stayed the same. Lost 3.7 kilos though which is quite a lot.

HI Rastaman,

If the cravings are for sweet things, hang in there, it will pass. Some believe that sugar is highly addictive so it may be your addiction kicking in.

Real hunger is not something you should really be experiencing long term. Not because it's not good for you, but rather because very few of us can withstand it for long, and when you do succumb, you may end up eating junk.

Assuming you're not counting calories, perhaps try upping your fat content - an avo or bag of macadamia nuts or fatty biltong or even a little neat olive or coconut oil if you can stomach it.

3.7kg is a lot in 10 days. It is possible that this is mostly glycogen stores and their attached water. Not trying to pi$$ on your battery here, just understand that those first kg's are seldom all fat, and glycogen stores may come back quickly if you suddenly revert to junk food / refined carb / grains again. True fat loss normally happens much slower than that, so don't get discouraged when the rate of loss suddenly slows down - you are (imho) on the right track - stick with it and the results will come.

Edited by DaleE