LCHF - Low Carb High Fat Diet Ver 2

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This argument is sooooo weak. Tiny little canines is not an indicator of meat eating adaption. Have you seen a gorrila's teeth? 

post-12682-0-06346400-1528892815_thumb.jpg

You're either horribly misinformed or being deliberately obtuse. Not to be insulting, that's just my observation. 

That being said, let's unpack your post. 

Let's have a look at this: 

Position of the American Dietetic Association: vegetarian diets

It is the position of the American Dietetic Association that appropriately planned vegetarian diets, including total vegetarian or vegan diets, are healthful, nutritionally adequate, and may provide health benefits in the prevention and treatment of certain diseases. Well-planned vegetarian diets are appropriate for individuals during all stages of the life cycle, including pregnancy, lactation, infancy, childhood, and adolescence, and for athletes. A vegetarian diet is defined as one that does not include meat (including fowl) or seafood, or products containing those foods. This article reviews the current data related to key nutrients for vegetarians including protein, n-3 fatty acids, iron, zinc, iodine, calcium, and vitamins D and B-12. A vegetarian diet can meet current recommendations for all of these nutrients. In some cases, supplements or fortified foods can provide useful amounts of important nutrients. An evidence- based review showed that vegetarian diets can be nutritionally adequate in pregnancy and result in positive maternal and infant health outcomes. The results of an evidence-based review showed that a vegetarian diet is associated with a lower risk of death from ischemic heart disease. Vegetarians also appear to have lower low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels, lower blood pressure, and lower rates of hypertension and type 2 diabetes than nonvegetarians. Furthermore, vegetarians tend to have a lower body mass index and lower overall cancer rates. Features of a vegetarian diet that may reduce risk of chronic disease include lower intakes of saturated fat and cholesterol and higher intakes of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, soy products, fiber, and phytochemicals. The variability of dietary practices among vegetarians makes individual assessment of dietary adequacy essential. In addition to assessing dietary adequacy, food and nutrition professionals can also play key roles in educating vegetarians about sources of specific nutrients, food purchase and preparation, and dietary modifications to meet their needs.

Also, understand what B12 is. It is produced by microbes that blanket the earth. Thus, B12 is primarily found in the soil and water, whereafter it is consumed by animals. The only reason there is B12 in animal products is because they ate plants and drank water containing it. Vegans can't get that same B12 because B12 is filtered out of the water and washed from produce. I mean, you can get it, if you have some river water and eat produce with a little fecal matter on it. Also, livestock receive B12 supplementation.  

Very low B12 intakes can cause anemia and nervous system damage. The only reliable vegan sources of B12 are foods fortified with B12 (including some plant milks, some soy products and some breakfast cereals) and B12 supplements. Vitamin B12, whether in supplements, fortified foods, or animal products, comes from micro-organisms. Most vegans consume enough B12 to avoid anemia and nervous system damage, but many do not get enough to minimize potential risk of heart disease or pregnancy complications

Source.. oh look a vegan website

I Repeat, the fact that you have to take supplements or fortified foods should tell you something.

You're exactly right with that first bit. It's difficult to take a blanket approach to RDA, as countries can set their own and determine their own guidelines. Suffice to say, people aren't getting diabetes from fruits, vegetables, grains or legumes. I'll post some links a bit later. 

you should take out the grains part of your argument

Let’s be clear on this: Grains and sugars CAUSE type 2 diabetes. Wheat is the worst of all grains and therefore wheat causes diabetes. (Wheat also causes type 1 diabetes, by the way, an entirely different, though VERY disturbing, conversation.) Let us count the ways:

Wheat belly

Wheat Free

Think the only way that veganism will save the planet is when the population reaches a sustainable number because the non-vegans had taken their own lives, out of sheer annoyance from the constant and relentless veganist jabbering.

Imagine what a f-op it would be if everyone stopped eating meat right now.. .. their immediate habitat would be in it's moer in.. have all those cows, chicken, sheep etc continue breeding and breeding and eating all the plants in their surroundings..won't be long until there is nothing left and they will starve to death.. that would be very very cruel.

Then add disease to the list of possible issues because of all the decaying carcasses .. [emoji33]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

just wondering Myles, why only beef & chicken?

Beef, chicken, pork, fish, lamb. Any meat. As long as it's not processed *** like viennas etc.

Edit: ah, I see I said beef and chicken. That was just me being a ditz. Don't ever take my pork belly!!!

Edited by Cptmayhem

Think the only way that veganism will save the planet is when the population reaches a sustainable number because the non-vegans had taken their own lives, out of sheer annoyance from the constant and relentless veganist jabbering.

By being sarcastic you inadvertently stumbled onto the solution for the planet's problems. There's simply too many of us and veganism, recycling etc etc etc are merely delaying the inevitable.

The picture becomes even more stark when you factor in life expectancy that keeps getting higher. 

There really should be a separate thread for plant based vs animal protein diets.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Imagine what a f-op it would be if everyone stopped eating meat right now.. .. their immediate habitat would be in it's moer in.. have all those cows, chicken, sheep etc continue breeding and breeding and eating all the plants in their surroundings..won't be long until there is nothing left and they will starve to death.. that would be very very cruel.

Then add disease to the list of possible issues because of all the decaying carcasses .. [emoji33]

Fallacious position, Gen. 

The world would never go vegan overnight. Livestock is bred. Thus, if we stop breeding them, there would be less.  It's that simple. 

Less demand = less supply. 

By being sarcastic you inadvertently stumbled onto the solution for the planet's problems. There's simply too many of us and veganism, recycling etc etc etc are merely delaying the inevitable.

The picture becomes even more stark when you factor in life expectancy that keeps getting higher.

There really should be a separate thread for plant based vs animal protein diets.

It wasn’t by accident. YouTube “Bill Burrs Cruise Ship solution” ;) Edited by Patchelicious

Fallacious position, Gen.

The world would never go vegan overnight. Livestock is bred. Thus, if we stop breeding them, there would be less. It's that simple.

Less demand = less supply.

I said imagine[emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]

No whatever everyone eats...just be happy. I have seen some grumpy people on weird diets and it is not flippen fun to be around.

you should take out the grains part of your argument

Wheat belly

Wheat Free

So, two anti-wheat blogs on anti-wheat websites, both of whom do not quote any medical/nutritional literature on the subject, is proof enough for you that "wheat causes diabetes"? Both of which are flogging "wheat-detox" recipes/books. 

So, two anti-wheat blogs on anti-wheat websites, both of whom do not quote any medical/nutritional literature on the subject, is proof enough for you that "wheat causes diabetes"? Both of which are flogging "wheat-detox" recipes/books. 

I'm not quite sure what you are trolling for?

There is an immense amount of good information in this thread. The topic is , quite clearly, LCHF.

If you'd like to discuss the merits of veganism, please go ahead and start a new thread.

You seem to feel strongly about wheat and that's cool, but don't try to ridicule those of us who believe that wheat does not suit us. Many of us here are not simply making a decision based on reading 'anti-wheat websites'; our opinion comes from many years of living with diabetes, personal experimentation and multitudes of blood tests and careful analysis.

Metabolism is a hugely complex subject and if you don't understand the role that carbs (wheat included) plays in metabolism, feel free to ask.

Lastly, the book Wheat Belly is actually well researched and (I believe) based on some solid science. I cannot comment on the website as I have not read it. Grain Brain is another book you might want to read. If you read them both and decide they are not for you, then that's cool too ... each to their own.

But, if you want to troll, please go elsewhere.

Regards, 

Dale

I'm not quite sure what you are trolling for?

There is an immense amount of good information in this thread. The topic is , quite clearly, LCHF.

If you'd like to discuss the merits of veganism, please go ahead and start a new thread.

You seem to feel strongly about wheat and that's cool, but don't try to ridicule those of us who believe that wheat does not suit us. Many of us here are not simply making a decision based on reading 'anti-wheat websites'; our opinion comes from many years of living with diabetes, personal experimentation and multitudes of blood tests and careful analysis.

Metabolism is a hugely complex subject and if you don't understand the role that carbs (wheat included) plays in metabolism, feel free to ask.

Lastly, the book Wheat Belly is actually well researched and (I believe) based on some solid science. I cannot comment on the website as I have not read it. Grain Brain is another book you might want to read. If you read them both and decide they are not for you, then that's cool too ... each to their own.

But, if you want to troll, please go elsewhere.

Regards, 

Dale

post-62668-0-42564000-1528965170_thumb.jpg

In all seriousness, the intention was never to troll, despite some snarky responses to that New Me guy. 

I'll leave you chaps to it. At the end of the day, I want what's best for the environment, the animals and for people's health and a plant-based diet is the single easiest way that all people can contribute to the cause. It's that simple. The science supports it. 

If anyone wants to know more about a plant-based/vegan lifestyle, feel free to message me or ask Uncle Google. 

¡Adios Amigos!

• 5 months later...

I need some of your help here:

I know LCHF is for me and I was a strict LCHF’er for 3 years until life got in the way (son being born, new job, etc) and I slipped for a year or so. I gained a lot of weight (lots and lots and lots).

I have been strict LCHF now again for about 3 months. I am in full Keto (deep purple) and I feel the energy etc like I had when I started initially (5 years ago).

I have read plenty on the subject, but I am no fundy.

The problem I have is the weight I gained. My weight 3 years ago was perfect at about 77kg’s to 81kg’s. I felt great on the bike and smashed some proper climbs. During the last couple of years I moved up to about 96/97kg’s. Since I started again I have actually increased in weight and tipped the scale at just over 100kg’s this morning (1.83m tall). Seeing that I neglected the cycling along with LCHF, I am still trying to gain fitness so I spin about 5 times a week. Then I also do Crossfit classes 3 times a week. My Fat/Protein/Carb ration is at 78/14/8 for the last couple of weeks (combined as per my fitnesspal).

Whats going on? I feel better! I have more energy, sleep better, no more headaches (after the initial keto flu) but the weight is increasing. It most certainly cant be muscle gain as I cant really see how you can gain that much muscle mass with Crossfit is such a short time. Anyone have similar problems getting going again cause I am really concerned that something else is wrong….