Adverse analytical finding in recent mountain bike stage race

Tumbleweed

Well I believe his post to be honest and sincere.

And he does raise some good points about CSA funds being wasted on testing back markers rather than helping events out etc. rather have another few events on the calendar (with some people on whatever supplements they like, paying the entry fee) which would enable is to have more And better events.

Unless you on the podium earning a salary it does not matter. Log your times on Strava and compare yourself to your own times. Why worry about the people around you? I don't agree with it but I would not be bothered if they doing the ride for fun.

Any way just an opinion on an interesting topic. Good luck Barry and hope you still get to enjoy mountain biking.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya lesson learned, It's not important to me any more. I got engaged on new years and my priorities have shifted. What's killing me is that I made the right choice to stop the gear. Sadly, just a little too late. Now i'll never do another Epic and who knows when i may be able to enter another event.

The most important thing to me is that they don't strip my partner of his finish. I battled to get the lad to train on anything but water. He doesn't even take a multivitamin.

I have allot of respect for the way you handled this. Keep riding your bike, the best times on a mountain bike are with friends not in events.

Well done on an honest post. Respect for that.

I don't think your appearance in any way "flagged" you. There is, as far as I know, a random list given to the dope-testing team at races. Your number came up. That's all.

BTW, the guy who posted my company contact details, You're a piece of work. What if I'd posted on the forum that you're a child molester then put your company contact details up...? What the hell is wrong with you...? Very brave behind your keyboard there...

That was inappropriate, MTBaaisikilist.

Some folks here can be rof.

It is good that you brought your viewpoint here.

Take care. This is not easy stuff you're facing.

MtnBaaisklist, how come didn't you approach them directly after they tested you, and notify them that months ago you used x & y and that you would rather fess up beforehand. Would you have said something if they didn't find anything?

Hope that MTBaaisikilist doesn't feel obligated to answer to every possible enquiry here.

Only to himself, I say.

I agree or it's only going to end up in a handbag match

Does anyone know how many non-pros were tested during the event? I don't buy the random test thing. Perhaps the Epic should offer voluntary testing prior to the event to anyone that think that due to a medical situation or the like he/she may produce a positive sample of some sort. I wonder how many Sani amateurs would have failed a dope test due to catching a cold / flu beforehand and trying to doctor it away. Sounds like every second rider had some form of cold/flu.

Some education / communication is also required to avoid mass paranoia at next years Epic. What items on the banned list would sanction action against non-competitive amateurs and what over the counter /prescription meds contain these substances?

Does anyone know how many non-pros were tested during the event? I don't buy the random test thing. Perhaps the Epic should offer voluntary testing prior to the event to anyone that think that due to a medical situation or the like he/she may produce a positive sample of some sort. I wonder how many Sani amateurs would have failed a dope test due to catching a cold / flu beforehand and trying to doctor it away. Sounds like every second rider had some form of cold/flu.

Some education / communication is also required to avoid mass paranoia at next years Epic. What items on the banned list would sanction action against non-competitive amateurs and what over the counter /prescription meds contain these substances?

It's simple, isn't it? It's a UCI-sanctioned event. So, whatever is on Wada's list is banned.

Ok so for next year's epic SuperCycling and those polar seminars should focus on the allowed / banned meds that the average Joe can/ cannot use prior to the event. Will a voltaren shot 2 days prior get me DQ'd? Does my nasal spray contain stuff that will produce a positive? Do I need to send my USN for independent testing?

What !

am i missing something , why people dope is beyond me but to add to my "WTF " thought . why would a person who is not even a top finisher do it blink.png

Isn't Winstrol for getting ripped?

Maybe he just wanted to look good in the public showers?!

MtnBaaisklist, how come didn't you approach them directly after they tested you, and notify them that months ago you used x & y and that you would rather fess up beforehand. Would you have said something if they didn't find anything?

Erm, see, he said that he chose not to say anything since he has been off the juice for some time.. I mean how long is that stuff in your system anyway?

Are the internationals whether pro or not tested yet?