Adverse analytical finding in recent mountain bike stage race

Tumbleweed

I also had flu, and had to take some other meds due to a largish hole in my neck the doctors made - I pissed them off endlessly by asking them if any of the meds are on the WADA list. They now have a printed list in my file :) They also like the WADA website where you can actually check meds - I do not have aspirations of winning the trailseeker tomorrow, but coming from another competitive background (where I did damn well, but it was long ago) I refuse to 'dope' at all. There's other reasons than "It makes you faster" to doping controls - ask Dangle about Myprodol :)

Some good advice as long as you use the same doc all the time. Reckon next time I will try the same approach. My doc knows i cycle alot and race so may be he will be honest and give me ilegal stuff.

But again part of my point you have asked the doc to put the list in your file and make sure nothing is banned, but have you read the list yourself or you just hoping you have an honest doc? Like i said most of us have no clue....

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should i have run to the UCI like a little bitch and let them bring Dog the bounty hunter to the stoner's tent...?

Sounds like a few of you here may have...

Nooooo Bru, join them

At the Epic, at the Wellington overnight camp, there were okes hotboxing their tent with the fattest skyf, just after the finish when i got back from my shower and again when i got to my tent after dinner. Should i care that they finished ahead of us, with the presence of cannabis in their systems. Sure it's not exactly performance enhancing, but rules are rules, its a sanctioned race, and cannabis is banned. I just laughed when i smelled it, thought hey cool, every1's so chilled and just enjoying the event and riding their bikes through the cape. Thats the attitude most of us hackers at the back have.

Should i have run to the UCI like a little bitch and let them bring Dog the bounty hunter to the stoner's tent...?

Cannabis isn't a performance enhancing drug. /care

But on a more serious note Barry doesn't "juice" make your tottie smaller?

No your knob stays the same size, the rest of you grows, so it just looks smaller... ;)

i didnt know about it, as Barry mentioned I never asked him, i agree with the fact that it was not the right thing to do, and he will face the consequences.

but does this make me not wanna ride with him anymore?? NO.

and is this gonna stop him from riding his bike?? NO

and will it make you guys stop riding your bikes?? NO

so then i guess not much have changed other than a 20 Page discussion??

I think that this has been a real eye-opener for many. the mid pack dopers will be really looking hard in the mirror.

For me there are only two types of dopers/

Type 1 – the accidental positives, took some cough syrup, contaminated bottle, contaminated test sample etc. These guys haven’t tried to cheat, but may or may not have had an advantage. They are in a sh1tstorm and will battle to get out without poo on their face.

Type2 – the guys who take juice to go faster. It’s part of the game and they have taken the very hard decision that the rewards outweigh the risks.

In my mind Barry wasn’t trying to cheat at cycling, so he is really a Type 1. BUT he would have known that he was taking chances by competing at a UCI grade 1 race. He is facing the music.

The real problem is the type 2 guys who pretend that they’re type 1 (steak anyone?) which make it impossible to police.

No your knob stays the same size, the rest of you grows, so it just looks smaller... ;)

Forget that... :-D

You're gonna try to appeal?

I'm kidding, thought I would try get some serious okes to have a chuckle

i didnt know about it, as Barry mentioned I never asked him, i agree with the fact that it was not the right thing to do, and he will face the consequences.

but does this make me not wanna ride with him anymore?? NO.

and is this gonna stop him from riding his bike?? NO

and will it make you guys stop riding your bikes?? NO

so then i guess not much have changed other than a 20 Page discussion??

Well, at least you will still be an official Epic finisher for 2013. Once the process is done and dusted, and Barry is banned.....I am sure the Epic admin guys will contact you and advise that your result of 384th is void and that you will only be listed as a solo finisher.

At the Epic, at the Wellington overnight camp, there were okes hotboxing their tent with the fattest skyf, just after the finish when i got back from my shower and again when i got to my tent after dinner. Should i care that they finished ahead of us, with the presence of cannabis in their systems. Sure it's not exactly performance enhancing, but rules are rules, its a sanctioned race, and cannabis is banned. I just laughed when i smelled it, thought hey cool, every1's so chilled and just enjoying the event and riding their bikes through the cape. Thats the attitude most of us hackers at the back have.

Thats an excellent point, statisitcs say 1 in 3 people in SA smoke regularily but I cant recall hearing of a someone being disqualified for it. In fact you get hero status ala Gibbs, Kemp and the boys in West Indies. There is also a vert interesting article in this months mens health on steriods in school and how it is so common place.

Cannabis isn't a performance enhancing drug. /care

I thought rules are rules. It's on the banned substance list.

Don't worry boet, you can still toke on a little twak, I won't tell...

I am one that had lots to say yesterday about Barry......I said that he looked like a bodybuilder and probably took the steroids for bodybuilding purposes and that it is a real pity that he (a body builder) had to be tested during the Epic......which is not great for our sport (cycling).....and I still stand by my view that he was targeted by UCI due to his phisique (sorry Tumbleweed, disagree with you on this one).

Must have been shitty to go and pee in a cup after that horrible EPIC stage 1......that was just a real k@k day, with all the frieken sand, bike pushing, walking, the heat and dust!!!

Big up to you, Barry, for coming "clean".

Good luck!

Peeing in a cup seems easy...I would've sh*t in my pants after stage one.

Well, at least you will still be an official Epic finisher for 2013. Once the process is done and dusted, and Barry is banned.....I am sure the Epic admin guys will contact you and advise that your result of 384th is void and that you will only be listed as a solo finisher.

that will be fine, i got to enjoy 8 days of MTBaaiking with a very good friend! and the memories i have is not of finishing 384. its of suffering, laughing, riding and more riding!

It's likely these guys competed in a natural bodybuilding comp. They have those.

If those guys were tested in a 'normal' comp, they'd look like alter boys for what was found.

No, that's one of the reasons why the International Federation Of Body Building has failed at all attempts to have bodybuilding classified as an olympic sport.

Saw a doccie on tv some years ago on 'roids. What I'll never forget though is the visible differences between the "clean " bodybuilders and the juiced up guys. The clean buggers looked like little 99lbs weaklings when compared to the steroids boys.

Edited by Ricky Bobby