Doping with Vicks

I have decided to "play fair" and read all the medicine/dope information. So I get a small flu that threatens to go into the chest. I grab for the old time medicine trusty VICKS, updated with honey and ginger.

But no wait lets check it on the dope list......

It is in blue with a (3) behind it. So I cross reference it an it is banned during competition for a small under of sports (running and cycling excluded).

Why?

Alcohol content.

So I check the label and our friends Proctor and Gamble simply fail to mention the substance anywhere on the label or documentation.

Talk about the drug companies playing fair.

Damn it if drugs free Sport wants to be even a little more helpful they should insist that the manufacturers place a label, notice or leaflette in the box indicating its suitability for sportspeople. If they can legislate it for cigarettes why can they not do the same for drugs

Guest Oom Kalahari!

Some of these substances marked as baned in sport is just ludicrous!

And on the flipside... yes... stuff should be marked! Getting DQ from a race cause you accidentally took some vicks wont be funny! (Though it would be a little funny)

• 2 months later...

So do you think that the pharmaceutical giants really care who Drug free SA are, when it could potentially affect their sales, for the sake of playing fair???

:eek: anybody know why Vicks is banned ? Cant see it being like spinach to popeye :eek:

read his post: Alcohol Content. It also frees up your nasal passages, allowing you to breathe deeper and therefore push harder.

You must eat it and then rub on your sack for the best results....you go like a rocket after that :whistling:

Replace vicks with deep heat and you have a classic high school initiation ritual

I saw the disclaimer when entering the crater cruise about usi rules and drug testing. will the fun riders be tested like they did with the guy (back marker) that rode the epic and got banned for doping

is this doping tests going to impact on "us fun riders" in future?

Guest Latent Blue

Here you can see a father encouraging his son to dope!!!

When will this end!!!

post-43150-0-63073900-1376998626_thumb.jpg

Witkop, you doper you :-) Stop using Vicks! Hahaha.

On a serious note, please can you send me a link to this checklist.

Replace vicks with deep heat and you have a classic high school initiation ritual

got that intitiaton goin to SA schools athletics... had Great Balls of fire all the way back to Cape Town on SAA .