Classified section

MTB_Roadie

Guest Latent Blue

Exactly my point. Some people have the time, extra cash to "invest". You don't have the extra time, and the trouble of doing such a deal is too much for the reward. For some people it can make a difference.

Is true...

I think where the problem will come is where you bargain the price down on the argument that you really need it and you are struggling, please help me etc etc... then you go sell it for more...

But if you are straight up "sure you want to sell it for xx amount?" And the seller is hardupmfor quick cash and you can wait a month or two to sell it... why not

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not talking about the odd buy here and there...im referring to someone spending everyday on there biying and selling....

In understand how peeved you can get about things... So annoying to hop on the hub, see a sweet bargain, and a minute after it was placed, someone's called dibs.

Dude, that's life man...

As for buying and re selling... Well, that happens. It's what happens on an open forum. Some are here to help, some are here for help, and some are here for profit. If you don't like it, don't trade here... Unfortunate fact but that is life

I know the feeling

Market forces, as others have said, willing seller, willing buyer!

As you said, you failed on a buy and are peeved that you see the same item at a sale on a more expensive price... Sorry for you,

If you don't like the new price don't buy it and wait, else tell the seller you saw it at that price and offer what you are prepared to pay. You may get it, you may not. You wait long enough you may see something you want at your price.

Is often waiting on the hub, bargains come along, some may see this and make a profit from reselling, this happens in all walks of life!

Guest Latent Blue
Im not talking about the odd buy here and there...im referring to someone spending everyday on there biying and selling....
and that guy is putting in the hours and risking cash on possible gains... I aint got time for that

Ja I know :thumbup: .

It irritates me as well if I see a good deal, want to buy it and then see a certain hubber has already placed dibs, and I know for a fact he is going to use it to build up a bike and then sell for a profit.

Solution. Take away the following of the classifieds. No one will sit 24/7 waiting for a steal to sell at a profit.

Edit: so your point is, you miss out on good deals cause of people wanting to buy them and sell at a profit? Hahaha. Maybe follow some of the classifieds sections you are wanting an item for.

Okay so best way is to gyppo his sale then...

And i think i know exactly who you talking about. I agree....

Hahahaha "dibs"...what a laugh. When I sell something I make it clear that dibs mean as much as a hello so don't bother ....Doesn't secure anything. Magic words "I will take it". I also ignore other people "dibs" on items for sale that I want. I care rocks if they get offended, its up to the seller to then take me up on my offer or not and risk not selling it cause the guy calling dibs are not sure yet....actually a non-debate

Edited by rouxtjie

Hahahaha "dibs"...what a laugh. When I sell something I make it clear that dibs mean as much as a hello so don't bother ....Doesn't secure anything. Magic words "I will take it". I also ignore other people "dibs" on items for sale that I want. I care rocks if they get offended, its up to the seller to then take me up on my offer or not and risk not selling it cause the guy calling dibs are not sure yet....actually a non-debate

Exactly!!

Okes must grow up, this is not card swopping in the playground

So let me get this straight........ I am not allowed to sell my goods for more than what I bought it to make money?

WTF?!?!?

Guest Latent Blue
So let me get this straight........ I am not allowed to sell my goods for more than what I bought it to make money?

WTF?!?!?

apparently not... wtf is correct!

Something which irritate me...people buying stuff for cheap and then end up selling it for more on the same forum.

Isnt the whole point of this section to help fellow hubbers out? But now there is people who makes a living from it...

Rant off.

If you really want to help fellow hubbers, don't put a price next to the goods you want to sell. Rather say - "I want to help you and you may pay me what you feel you can afford for this piece of equipment"

If you are not willing to do that you sound like somebody p!ssed-off for loosing out on a deal.... nothing more.

If you really want to help fellow hubbers, don't put a price next to the goods you want to sell. Rather say - "I want to help you and you may pay me what you feel you can afford for this piece of equipment"

If you are not willing to do that you sound like somebody p!ssed-off for loosing out on a deal.... nothing more.

He mentioned this before. He didn't sell something. He was interested in buying, someone snatched it and is now back for sale for more.