What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

Anyone tried the Ken Burns Vietnam doccie on Netflix yet?

Yes, I'm 4 episodes in. Highly advise you to spend the time watching it.

It's a factual, 4 sides of the story, all the international intrigue , full on history lesson and for that reason I love it.

I'm learning stuff I never knew and to be honest this is exactly why I like Netflix stuff. They not pro this or that, they show you whatever the hell they like!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I'm 4 episodes in. Highly advise you to spend the time watching it.

It's a factual, 4 sides of the story, all the international intrigue , full on history lesson and for that reason I love it.

I'm learning stuff I never knew and to be honest this is exactly why I like Netflix stuff. They not pro this or that, they show you whatever the hell they like!

You have confirmed my suspicions.. I saw a series he did a few years ago on the Dust Bowl Years in the US. Incredible stuff.

Will definitely invest time in this, thanks.

Colony has been an awesome show since inception, but Season 3 is incredibly captivating. Absolutely top notch. Yes, its scifi, but the story told is very applicable on many levels relative to our real lives, and in many ways, reflects topical issues facing countries and the world. even without the scifi aspect, it's a very plausible near future for us.

I realise I am very far behind the times on this one but watched the first episode of Luther and I think I'm really going to enjoy the series.

New season of Luke Cage is out.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Started watching Season 1 of Luke Cage over the weekend ... rather enjoyed it and I am not a Marvel or the like kind of movie person

Fantasy: The Outpost

Spy stuff: Condor

Goodie Two Shoes PI: Take Two

Car Kicks: Speed is the new Black & Street Outlaws

Modern Cowboys: Yellowstone

Sci-Fi: Killjoys S04

Alien conspiracy theory type tail-spinning: Ancient Aliens (First 5 to 10 minutes of each episode, the rest is just a circumference going around doing the same circle)

Sport: Le Tour (Wherever I can get it) :-)

Colony has been an awesome show since inception, but Season 3 is incredibly captivating. Absolutely top notch. Yes, its scifi, but the story told is very applicable on many levels relative to our real lives, and in many ways, reflects topical issues facing countries and the world. even without the scifi aspect, it's a very plausible near future for us.

Thanks for the 'Heads Up' 

I forgot to keep an eye out for Season 3. Started it last night 

• 2 weeks later...

Sharp Objects: the small screen debut for Amy Adams  :wub:  Intrigueing thus far.

Colony: wtf! show canned. hotdamn. And sadly, they rushed the storyline in the last few eps. But what a great season.

I see the cashcows are being milked again: The Sinner S02E01 out last week already. They can only screw this up. I didn't think that storyline lent itself to another season.  <_<

Sharp Objects: the small screen debut for Amy Adams  :wub:  Intrigueing thus far.

Colony: wtf! show canned. hotdamn. And sadly, they rushed the storyline in the last few eps. But what a great season.

I see the cashcows are being milked again: The Sinner S02E01 out last week already. They can only screw this up. I didn't think that storyline lent itself to another season.  <_<

Isn't 'The Sinner' supposed to be an anthology series? 

I must say,,,,Sharp Object is quite something else. Like it.

Finished with Ann with an E, good old propper story. me and my kid watched it together and enjoyed it. 

Still busy with Dangerous Minds, at season 9 now.

Still looking for a new SciFi to watch. The last few netflix series that started was crap.

Here I thought I was on top of Peaky Blinders .... only to find out that I have completely missed season 4 .... so that was dealt with over the weekend ... really enjoy PB, and looking forward to season 5!

Looks good, thanks for the heads up!

Anyone else watching The Good Place on Netflix with Ted Danson and Kristen Bell? A few episodes in… Has potential.