Which Nespresso

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a sleeve (is that the right word?) of pods for our trip down to Mankele as my mate took his Pixie with. We never got to use any of my pods so I now sit these pods at home.

Do I now go and buy a R2k machine just to use R58's worth of coffee? :whistling:

I bought a sleeve (is that the right word?) of pods for our trip down to Mankele as my mate took his Pixie with. We never got to use any of my pods so I now sit these pods at home.

Do I now go and buy a R2k machine just to use R58's worth of coffee? :whistling:

You won't regret it......it'll be R2k well spent :ph34r:

Those sleeves deserve it.

Yes....

You won't regret it......it'll be R2k well spent :ph34r:

Those sleeves deserve it.

Yes....

You guys don't mince words, do you. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Any of you Nespresso boys keen on a 1 month old Latissima plus in white ?

A Jura machine has caught my eye

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

walked into the V&A Nespresso on the weekend and opted for my usual dose of s good cuppa.

was told that its more a coffee tasting bar now than a coffee bar for their customers. no more free coffee as before

when did this policy change

Hi guys

Wife and me keen on getting a machine, good taste and convenient, ye ye I know you can make coffee by hand also,

Looking at including the Froth'er in the unit.

Which machines (Model Name) is it again, we saw a unit, about R3500

Pro's / Con's.

Anything I/we need to know, from experience.

exclude the pod cost please, know about it.

G

I have the Latissima, and must admit I use the milk accessory a lot. Not a huge mission to clean, just rinse it and then dump in the dishwasher. The only function I haven't used is the latte function. Other than that I love mine

If you are going to drink Nespresso then Arpeggio is the only acceptable choice.

That said - "pod coffee" is ****.

It is the Peroni of coffees. The pods only weigh 10g which is hopelessly too little for a decent cup of coffee.

Personally I think Nespresso is the perfect indicator of how the world has gone wrong. Everything is fake and instant.

Fake, instant and yuppie. Movie stars advertising coffee. Shops that only sell pods with servers wearing suits. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

Rant rant.

Take your time, choose your own coffee bean, test the various grinding methods, buy a manual machine, play with time, temperature, strength, personalise your coffee and make it yours rather than mouthing off to your friends about how you have the latest pod machine.

Trust me - your life will be better.

Rant over.

walked into the V&A Nespresso on the weekend and opted for my usual dose of s good cuppa.

was told that its more a coffee tasting bar now than a coffee bar for their customers. no more free coffee as before

when did this policy change

I have to admit I was looking forward to going in there over Argus weekend and trying a few and obviously purchasing those I liked. Wanted to try 3-4 different flavors as was quite new to the whole thing. Needless to say I was told the same, can try one and that's it. Was also somewhat unimpressed with the general snotty attitude of the staff