Can you "Bunnyhop" without clipless?

braailegend

169 members have voted

1. 1. Can you bunnyhop without clipless?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know, The Shop assistant told me I need clipless to ride a bike
    • Impossibru, you cannot bunnyhop without clipless
  2. 2. How high can you go, with or without clipless?

• a Pavement
    • 30cm
    • 60cm
    • 90cm
    • 1m+
    • None

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the next Enduro should have a bunnyhop contest like we used to have at the nationals in the 90s.

I think the next Enduro should have a bunnyhop contest like we used to have at the nationals in the 90s.

There's a 12 hour one coming up soon. We can start then..... :ph34r: :whistling:

If anyone can clear 1m on a MTB please post a tutorial for us "not real mountain bikers". If step 1 is "Remove your seat", or "Reconfigure anatomy", I don't think it counts....

Also... piktchas or it never happened.

If anyone can clear 1m on a MTB please post a tutorial for us "not real mountain bikers". If step 1 is "Remove your seat", or "Reconfigure anatomy", I don't think it counts....

used to be able to clear it easily... when I was still at school. Had one of these, but Trial fitted handlebars and size 13".

1m is really not that exceptional... If you move in certain circles of mountainbiking (Trails, DJ, Street)

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p3pb1897148/p3pb1897148.jpg

Edited by braailegend

I think there are a few of them out there... Lopes, McCormack, Macaskill, etc etc.

But then they're not normal on the human scale of things.

Akrigg, on a hardtail 29er riding uphill, with flat pedals and 510's:

post-4006-1374694889,1812.jpg

i've watched a few segments of that clip of his a million times. The guy's a bona fide freak of nature. Mad talent!

The secret to a successful hop is setting a target. I did a lot of trials and street riding in my teens and hopping up a 1m wall was dead easy. I was able to clear traffic cones and plastic garden chairs quite easily. All this on a fairly big bike. It's all about practice.

Ill do some tests this weekend and see what I can still do. There is a spot in Emmarentia that is perfect for this.

I can manage about 30cm on the squishy, but put me on my sons trick BMX and I can bunny hop the cr@p out of that thing - at least 50cm, maybe more.

On flats of course ;)

Can a "bunnyhop" on clipless be called a bunnyhop or should it be called a "jerk-up"?

sadly that's what the majority of MTBers think a bunny hop is. Pull up with arms and legs as hard as possible at the same time.