Can you "Bunnyhop" without clipless?

braailegend

169 members have voted

1. 1. Can you bunnyhop without clipless?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know, The Shop assistant told me I need clipless to ride a bike
    • Impossibru, you cannot bunnyhop without clipless
  2. 2. How high can you go, with or without clipless?

• a Pavement
    • 30cm
    • 60cm
    • 90cm
    • 1m+
    • None

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooooo...

According to the Poll there are 79 hubbers who can bunny hop with flat pedals...impressive :eek:

or are most of these votes people who think its possible??

Having never tried bunny hopping with flats, in fact the last time I rode with flats must have been when I was at school. Trying to bunny hop with clipless pedals and shoes while NOT clipped in is seriously not recommended, so I guess i'll have to remain one of those who cannot really bunny hop...

:stupid:

Seems hubbers are very skilled indeed...

Not met hubbers then at mtb races?

Not many, its a blerry long way to go / come....

In fact most think exactly the opposite :ph34r:

Yeah. And we're all the better for it.

No way in hell I'm going to spring R250 for a ride that's 50km away (another R100 in petrol, for the dullards amongst us) when I have Tokai just 10km away. And jonkershoek about 50km as well. Contermans is within 35km. No chance in hell.

Overpriced, over crowded, over testosteroned.

I've been riding for well over eight months and I can tell you that a bunny hop without cleats is impossible. Yes, you can do a wheelie into a buck jump thing like the pros but you can't do a straight up and down bunny hop with flat pedals unless you use a suspension bike and you set it to be very bouncy. It's actually scientifically impossible. I know it looks like Danny Macaskill does those but if you look closely in his videos you can see that he actually uses velcro on the bottom of his shoes and pedals.

Sooooo...

According to the Poll there are 79 hubbers who can bunny hop with flat pedals...impressive :eek:

or are most of these votes people who think its possible??

I don't think that's so impressive. In fact I'm surprised there are so few...

When I was growing up, the bunny hop was considered an essential skill... that and being able to ollie a skateboard ;)

I've been riding for well over eight months and I can tell you that a bunny hop without cleats is impossible. Yes, you can do a wheelie into a buck jump thing like the pros but you can't do a straight up and down bunny hop with flat pedals unless you use a suspension bike and you set it to be very bouncy. It's actually scientifically impossible. I know it looks like Danny Macaskill does those but if you look closely in his videos you can see that he actually uses velcro on the bottom of his shoes and pedals.

:lol:

When I was growing up, the bunny hop was considered an essential skill... that and being able to ollie a skateboard ;)

Well as someone who cannot bunnyhop without being cleated in I think its damn impressive :thumbup:

What's suprising imo is that there are 79 87 hubbers who have flat pedals

Edited by SwissVan

Not yet.

But my August goal is to clear a certain pothole on the spruit.

1st time I tried I didnt have a good coach :whistling: :

post-24697-0-74006600-1374735655_thumb.jpg

post-24697-0-16339700-1374735778_thumb.jpg

Yeah. And we're all the better for it.

No way in hell I'm going to spring R250 for a ride that's 50km away (another R100 in petrol, for the dullards amongst us) when I have Tokai just 10km away. And jonkershoek about 50km as well. Contermans is within 35km. No chance in hell.

Overpriced, over crowded, over testosteroned.

But bru... Come now... Dirt roads, lycra and 29ers. Thats the ****. That is true mtb bikeing.

Don't laugh but the movements in essence are very similar...get the nose up and same transfer of weight.