94.7 Cycle Challenge 2013

StevieL

Wyatt for HP (Hub president).

He will start in UU do a lap on race day and join the last start group to do a double lapper. :clap:

Forkit man, I am not Chuck Norris mixed with RoboCop and The Hulk's hairstyle.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Forkit man, I am not Chuck Norris mixed with RoboCop and The Hulk's hairstyle.

Almost forgot. On your second lap you are riding a ice cream van and pushing for your first ever sub 3 (with the van).

Edited by Carpet

And you want me to push you ???

I've toyed with the 2nd lap idea for a few years but by the time I've completed the 1st lap I'm finished and doing a 2nd lap really seems like a terrible idea.

Last year My wife dropped me off 10km from start , I did the race and had to fix a puncture at blue hills and managed at 2h52 and few seconds (Was in A) There after I rode home via witkoppen and joined the race after fourways ( Northumberland rd) and went straight home to add extra 40 km . . . than was fun !

would rather get a full extra loop in this time round!

Same question, I only started riding recently and have only done 2 events so far but hoping for a decent result in the Jacaranda Satellite next week. Isn't that supposed to be a seeding event as well?

Take you "hopefully" decent Jacaranda Classic race and the other 2 seeding race details to registration week prior to 94.7 . Pay the R150 and you might get re-seeded . . .

And you want me to push you ???

I've toyed with the 2nd lap idea for a few years but by the time I've completed the 1st lap I'm finished and doing a 2nd lap really seems like a terrible idea.

Last year I did the 94.7 and decided to stick together. When we were climbing up Witkoppen she was just battling too much and told me to go on my own. Now the clock was already a 1:48 and I pretty much wrote off the idea of doing a sub 3. I decided to go for it in anyway and put the hammer down. Made a sub 3 with about 10 seconds to spare. The point is that I was so buggered that I really did not think I could make a full second lap.

When my sister finished we went to the car and restocked and together with another friend we took a short cut to the halfway mark and did another half lap. It was just as great fun and even if you are too late to start the second lap with the last group you can still go through to the halfway mark and rejoin and enjoy the ride again. You would still be doing a 160 odd km for the day.

i am keen on doing a 2nd lap.....trying to get a few more friends together.....so far we are 5.

keen aswell, missed last year 2nd lap start by 5 minutes!

Being forced to start at way bottom have lil mixed feelings bout all those who are discussing getting to fit in 2nd lap.

Us who have to wait to start till after 10AM don't go trying to sneak in an extra lap by starting at 7AM.. and last two times I have done race from non seeded starting group you always have lot of jerk riders (or group of em) doing their 2nd lap shouting at us to stay left while we try to make our own way to overtake through the slow masses up ahead.

So please be nice to us who get crap start times, are on MTBs, and only are just starting out when you want to come flying thru to make it for ur 2nd lap

Edited by ryanlynx99

Being forced to start at way bottom have lil mixed feelings bout all those who are discussing getting to fit in 2nd lap.

Us who have to wait to start till after 10AM don't go trying to sneak in an extra lap by starting at 7AM.. and last two times I have done race from non seeded starting group you always have lot of jerk riders (or group of em) doing their 2nd lap shouting at us to stay left while we try to make our own way to overtake through the slow masses up ahead.

So please be nice to us who get crap start times, are on MTBs, and only are just starting out when you want to come flying thru to make it for ur 2nd lap

Don't ferget our tjallenge.

G seems the place to be as far as this thread is concerned.

G certainly seems to hit the spot. See you there

You have racing License ? Have fun be safe ! Be careful apparently there are many "wheel suckers" in VA :ph34r:

I have never sucked a wheel, but a sniffed a saddle once. Long story. But I follow wheels like crazy!

I have never sucked a wheel, but a sniffed a saddle once. Long story. But I follow wheels like crazy!

:clap:

But what if we can't find it :blush:

Well spotted. Just keep looking.....it is there somewhere.