94.7 Cycle Challenge 2013

StevieL

Lastyear rode 3h20 on mtb .This year on road bike .Is this group fast enough for sub 3h or will i be doing all the work alone like last year

Blitzer I rode 3h01 2 years ago from a corporate bond! I'm starting at 7:07 too so im game to give it a bash!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what is the "regulations" or "unwritten rules" with regards to second lap ?

You will need to be starting before 7, with (at worst) a 3hr predicted race time on your first lap, to get into the last batch to begin your second lap...

The M1 re-opens shortly after the last batch comes off.

You will need to be starting before 7, with (at worst) a 3hr predicted race time on your first lap, to get into the last batch to begin your second lap...

The M1 re-opens shortly after the last batch comes off.

lekker man lekker

Im in !

giving it a skip again.

I dont enjoy this race and the entry fee for a race I dont enjoy is to steep. Done it 13 times so no biggy to miss a few here and there.

Also, I see they got rid of the 40km ride and have changed the kiddies ride from 9.47km to 5.5km. I was super amped to get my nephew to agree to do the kiddies ride, but when we found out the distance we changed our minds, the little guy will do that without even breaking a sweat.

Me, doing a nice chilled 6 hour road ride on Saturday.

Jeepers!! You definitely going for the group win:)

lekker man lekker

Im in !

My advice? Swing back to the car.

The few times I've done the double lapper I've cycled back to the car to get new bottles, energy bar bar or two and drop my chip off - nothing worse than riding two laps and having your data messed up by additional chips hits.

I love it - first lap is fast'n'furious - second lap you get to soak up the atmospere a bit. Do the right thing and help fix a few punctures and provide a nice slipstream to a few people etc.

(This was copied from last years thread with regards to lap 2)

i am keen on doing a 2nd lap.....trying to get a few more friends together.....so far we are 5.

My advice? Swing back to the car.

The few times I've done the double lapper I've cycled back to the car to get new bottles, energy bar bar or two and drop my chip off - nothing worse than riding two laps and having your data messed up by additional chips hits.

I love it - first lap is fast'n'furious - second lap you get to soak up the atmospere a bit. Do the right thing and help fix a few punctures and provide a nice slipstream to a few people etc.

(This was copied from last years thread with regards to lap 2)

Sounds good.

I guess one could also stop for a massage or two along the way.

lekker man lekker

Im in !

And you want me to push you ???

I've toyed with the 2nd lap idea for a few years but by the time I've completed the 1st lap I'm finished and doing a 2nd lap really seems like a terrible idea.

Me, doing a nice chilled 6 hour road ride on Saturday.

Wyatt for HP (Hub president).

He will start in UU do a lap on race day and join the last start group to do a double lapper. :clap:

How do you go about getting a re-seeding as Amashova is only this weekend?

Same question, I only started riding recently and have only done 2 events so far but hoping for a decent result in the Jacaranda Satellite next week. Isn't that supposed to be a seeding event as well?