Assaulted rider on the Spruit

Paulst12

I believe a mtb rider was assaulted by another rider today on the Spruit at the bridge near Parkmore. As the guy crossed it, a female cyclist from the other side coming toward him hit him as he passed her. He turned to ask her what the problem was when her boyfriend assaulted the guy presumably from behind. Details are pretty sketchy, but I believe the guy doing the assaulting had tattoo's on his arm.... anyone else know what happened and who was involoved?

Edited by Paulst12

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the guy assaulted was in pretty bad nick. Nothing like a little right hook from behind to start the day?

I believe a mtb rider was assaulted by another rider today on the Spruit at the bridge near Parkmore. As the guy crossed it, a female cyclist from the other side coming toward him hit him as he passed her. He turned to ask her what the problem was when her boyfriend assaulted the guy presumably from behind. Details are pretty sketchy, but I believe the guy doing the assaulting had tattoo's on his arm.... anyone else know what happened and who was involoved?

Sounds like your typical story that has three sides to it. His side, their side and what really happened...........My guess is she bumped him(probably by accident), he swore or had something to say that her male companion didn't like and words were exchanged, following which the male companion biffed him one.

And that is precisely the problem with the spruit.

Too many highly strung, mountain bike wannabe's bashing their way through a multi directional trail the same way they drive their BMW's at 120km/hr in residential areas.

..... as if worrying about getting jacked wasn't bad enough.

In my experience, ratio of cool friendly mountain bikers to knobs on the spruit..... about 1:10.

And that is precisely the problem with the spruit.

Too many highly strung, mountain bike wannabe's bashing their way through a multi directional trail the same way they drive their BMW's at 120km/hr in residential areas.

..... as if worrying about getting jacked wasn't bad enough.

In my experience, ratio of cool friendly mountain bikers to knobs on the spruit..... about 1:10.

At last someone who feels the same about the Spruit as i do. I said something similar last week on another Spruit post, and got slammed for it. Was told how great the place is and i don't know anything and that the spruit is a better place to be with one less rider(me) on it...........I would rather go do a spinning class than ride the polluted/over squatted/faeces infested spruit with punchy and his mates.

At last someone who feels the same about the Spruit as i do. I said something similar last week on another Spruit post, and got slammed for it. Was told how great the place is and i don't know anything and that the spruit is a better place to be with one less rider(me) on it...........I would rather go do a spinning class than ride the polluted/over squatted/faeces infested spruit with punchy and his mates.

The route itself is nice, great for a chilled ride......its the other 9/10 riders that ruin it.

if he was riding a 29er and lycra, then there may be someone one here who did it...

The guy from the Epic doping thread pops to mind :ph34r: :whistling:

Theres having words...

Then there's assault...

You know the words.............f you, f you too, f off............smack(assault)............

More than likely the dude who got bumed by the woman biker said or did something the male companion took offense to and got smacked.........I may be completely wrong but one would think that he must have said or done something to have been klapped. Right or wrong. I do not condone the assault either...........Just saying