XT or Avid Brakes??

lollos

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No long term experience with anything MTB really, but for what it's worth my Elixir 1's have much better feel/modulation than the girlfriend's Shimano M505 (Deore?) brakes.

Both are quiet and reliable - only done like 300km though.

If you bought a car, would you get an Audi or an Alfa?

It's been said that Alfas are very unique cars. No one Alfa has the same problems as another.

Avids are a little more consistent, they all suck.

Alfa problems in RSA were because they had left the country and back-up was provided Gotliebgat motors.

No proper petrolhead would not have had an Alfa.

Alfa is more like Formula ( Italian), they are for the connoisseur, but require some finesse :whistling:

Haha, you spelt Avoid wrong

everything with those particular letters used is wrong, words, brakes... anything :lol:

Current SLX (basically identical in all respects to the XTs apart from bite point adjuster) are quite amazing brakes. Best one finger levers, excellent feel and enormous power, they are apparently a little prone to leaking at the levers sometimes which means a lever/mc replacement but other than that probably the best value brakes avail.