Just another reason why motorists hate cyclists

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look buddy. They acted like idiots, people are having a small dig at them, they deserve it..... it comes with the territory.

By you calling people names, insulting them etc, you are doing exactly the same. By doing the same you lose your moral high horse.

You should know better than coming to the hub and ranting expecting people to NOT react. Take a chill pill, or sandwich whatever works for you.

I love a big cyclist........ nice draft.

Typical reaction. Nobody likes being told they said something silly. Least of all a maargat testosterone ridden wannabe cyclist.

The daily pots calling the kettles black 'fred' :eek:

Doesn't maargat cyclists use pots as well..... I suppose it will only be titanium and carbon fibre pots only?????

Was driving down Frans Conradie opposite brights and PnP in Boston yesterday and saw this bunch of guys cycling up the road. When I spotted them they were riding 4 abreast and talking and not giving a damn about any vehicles passing them. as I approached they made some poor effort to get out of the road but still riding 3 abreast! so I had to change lanes to pass them and hooted at them and got flipped off by the most right hand side guy. Obviously some UBER funriders training for the double century and giving us cyclist a bad name, and then people are surprised why there are so many accidents that include cyclists...

post-2678-0-75300200-1381764857_thumb.jpg

Cant see the problem...dikkus could be overtaking...they do not have to ride in the emergency lane btw

Can't see any problem in the picture either. OP, if you are a fellow cyclist, you have been awarded the douche award, congrats! As for the chirps about the riders weights, c'mon guys, that's really low and uncool. Please find more mature ways to amuse yourselves.

I take my hat off to the guys who have the courage and ballas to ride a little right of the shoulder to protect mates on the outside.

overweight yes, AT LEAST THEY TRYING AND NOT LYING ON THE COUCH!!!

CANT BELIEVE I AM GOING TO SAY IT :eek: .........i agree with oom :blush: ,,,,,,,,,,for once owww that hurt :cursing:

thanks hubbers you made me agree with OOM shame on you!!!!!!

I agree that there isn't much of a problem in the picture, but even if there was, I think that hooting at them and posting about them like this will not help anything. If I were them and I saw this, I would simply feel "otherised" and continue to do what I was doing without giving a damn about what you think. Hooting at them also makes you seem like the typical IDIOT car driver who has no respect for cyclists. The only thing that will change anything is engaging in polite conversation with the "offenders" and explaining why you think their actions are a problem.

It doesn't cease to amaze me how when a motorist, especially if it is a fellow cyclist behind the wheel, is shocked at the response he gets from blowing his loud hooter as he drives passed someone on a bicycle. Do you seriously expect a positive reaction?

Why not?

I have no problem with an approaching car giving a hoot, at least I know he's there.

Then again, I don't block lanes when riding, so I have no reason to be aggro with motorists.

I agree that there isn't much of a problem in the picture, but even if there was, I think that hooting at them and posting about them like this will not help anything. If I were them and I saw this, I would simply feel "otherised" and continue to do what I was doing without giving a damn about what you think. Hooting at them also makes you seem like the typical IDIOT car driver who has no respect for cyclists. The only thing that will change anything is engaging in polite conversation with the "offenders" and explaining why you think their actions are a problem.

The Others.... :eek:

Typical reaction. Nobody likes being told they said something silly. Least of all a maargat testosterone ridden wannabe cyclist.

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/fat-bastard.jpg

Like the 2 tossers yesterday riding next to each other on marine drive towards town when theres a perfect cycle lane opposite side of the road

This is something that I find confusing? Is it because they are too fast for the cycle lanes, or are they just plain stupid. We all know that Marine Drive is Cape Town's unofficial dragstrip.

overweight yes, AT LEAST THEY TRYING AND NOT LYING ON THE COUCH!!!

CANT BELIEVE I AM GOING TO SAY IT :eek: .........i agree with oom :blush: ,,,,,,,,,,for once owww that hurt :cursing:

thanks hubbers you made me agree with OOM shame on you!!!!!!

Rather change your opinion. NEVER agree with oom. Its just not right

This is something that I find confusing? Is it because they are too fast for the cycle lanes, or are they just plain stupid. We all know that Marine Drive is Cape Town's unofficial dragstrip.

didn't you know that really good cyclists are too cool for the cycle lane. cycle lanes are for minions.

Rather change your opinion. NEVER agree with oom. Its just not right

YOU RIGHT WTF WAS I THINKING,,,,,,,,THANKS FOR HELPING

It doesn't cease to amaze me how when a motorist, especially if it is a fellow cyclist behind the wheel, is shocked at the response he gets from blowing his loud hooter as he drives passed someone on a bicycle. Do you seriously expect a positive reaction?

I have made a mistake here or there whilst cycling and people have hooted at me. I knew I made a mistake and felt like an idiot afterwards. I also felt some shame the whole way riding back home and thought about how I was the one that was in the wrong. But I always take something away from the incident, and learn something.

THESE cyclists you are referring to have no sense of what is right or wrong. Or rather, what is acceptable and what is not. They feel no shame or any sense of wrong doing. I guess you can call them the psychopaths of cycling...

Was driving down Frans Conradie opposite brights and PnP in Boston yesterday and saw this bunch of guys cycling up the road. When I spotted them they were riding 4 abreast and talking and not giving a damn about any vehicles passing them. as I approached they made some poor effort to get out of the road but still riding 3 abreast! so I had to change lanes to pass them and hooted at them and got flipped off by the most right hand side guy. Obviously some UBER funriders training for the double century and giving us cyclist a bad name, and then people are surprised why there are so many accidents that include cyclists...

post-2678-0-75300200-1381764857_thumb.jpg

http://www.mooglyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/whale-whale-whale.jpg

Edited by Escapee..