Rant: Chris Willemse

Lone_Ranger

Need to vent. Saw CWC had a sale on XON products over the weekend, so I thought I'd have a look. Ordered a few bits and bobs, some on sale some not. Not a huge order by any means.

Get an e-mail on Monday saying that they don't have stock of two of the products which I ordered, even the items they had on sale!!! :thumbdown:

So they offer me a refund or replace the missing items with something else. So I order something else, which shows available on the website. Turns out that wasn't in stock either.

Eventually just asked for a refund. Bit disappointed, as all my prior experiences with them have been positive.

Chris if you're out there, if you offer something for sale on the website, and show it as being available, please make sure its available. Otherwise what's the point of the "out of stock" next to some items.

Rant off, feeling much better now :thumbup:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The XON sale has been on for a while so understandable that they are out of stock, but no excuse for a website that doesn't reflect correct stock availability.

The XON sale has been on for a while so understandable that they are out of stock, but no excuse for a website that doesn't reflect correct stock availability.

The are usually very good with stock indication on their website. Once you have set a standard you need to maintain it...

rant,rant,rant ......

" So they offer me a refund or replace the missing items with something else."

Very fair of them, how many other shops will offer you a full refund ?

Good on CWC.

The availability issue is something all shops go through.

If you are a good seller, its normal for you to be out of stock :whistling:

Edited by fabs

Need to vent. Saw CWC had a sale on XON products over the weekend, so I thought I'd have a look. Ordered a few bits and bobs, some on sale some not. Not a huge order by any means.

Get an e-mail on Monday saying that they don't have stock of two of the products which I ordered, even the items they had on sale!!! :thumbdown:

So they offer me a refund or replace the missing items with something else. So I order something else, which shows available on the website. Turns out that wasn't in stock either.

Eventually just asked for a refund. Bit disappointed, as all my prior experiences with them have been positive.

Chris if you're out there, if you offer something for sale on the website, and show it as being available, please make sure its available. Otherwise what's the point of the "out of stock" next to some items.

Rant off, feeling much better now :thumbup:

Do yourself a favour. Log off now, and forget about the hub for a week or so.

Nobody criticises CWC or ASG, for any reason, and gets away with it.

When the fans see this post, you are in for a reaming.

He's in for a "reaming" and CWC will probably make a few extra sales. LOL

Do yourself a favour. Log off now, and forget about the hub for a week or so.

Nobody criticises CWC or ASG, for any reason, and gets away with it.

Bwah ha ha, lets see how that goes with either my Rant or Rave.

rant,rant,rant ......

So they offer me a refund or replace the missing items with something else.

Good on CWC.

No issues with the way it was dealt with. The offer of a refund or replacement was fair, and to be honest most places would only offer a replacement without the refund option.

The issue is with the website showing so many items as available when they're actually not. Surely a system can be implemented to track inventory a bit better, thereby keeping the availability on the website in line with the stock on the shelf. But I suppose it' s easier said than done.

I had this gripe with their website before. Other online stores have the option to show you only the items that is in stock. There is nothing more frustrating seeing something, wanting to order it and then it is out of stock. I know that its possible that 2 people order at more or less the same time and that the system was not updated in time to show items as out of stock, but as an online store you need to set some sort of buffer, say if 5 or less items are in your inventory (especially high volume and sale stuff), class it as out of stock. They should also guard against perceived baiting of customers. If someone think that the store is baiting them, they'll never shop there again. I had this experience with HiFi corporation a few years back where they had ridiculous deals, but only a few units per store. I know that the consumer protection act should step in here, but lets be honest: How many of us would request the refund and who would simply spend the bucks on something that we do not really need and carries a higher mark-up?

rant,rant,rant ......

Good on CWC.

Seriously?

So they deserve a medal for giving the money back because they didnt have stock..

Should they have only given back 75%?

rant,rant,rant ......

Good on CWC.

I think any retail outlet would have no other option BUT to give you a full refund if the product that is advertised and paid for is not in stock.

It is quite possible their stock counts include that on the physical shop floor ? This could result in issues with stock count ?

Sorry..but any online shop worth its salt should be able to correlate what is in stock with their website...and that is why there are no good online shops in south Africa....

Agreed. If you buy something that is in stock you expect it to be in stock.