2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

Ok, so big decision for the day... Go for a 2 hour road ride in the fresh air in the real world, Or... 2 hour IDT session in front of the TV watching the tour. I will leave it for the hub to decide.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Collar bone

Ah, I remember the broken collar bone story. Tumbs will tell you about the way PR and reporters write. Lots of poetic freedom to make the story sell. I know a little about medicine and you cannot ride with a fully broken collar bone.

Agreed. He strikes me as being a bit soft. Upsetting as that is for SwissVan in his 'I love you Froomie' underpants to hear... Now Porte, that's a tough SOB...

Also big respect for Daniele Bennati....suffered like a dog for his man. The domestiques were the stars for me

Ok, so big decision for the day... Go for a 2 hour road ride in the fresh air in the real world, Or... 2 hour IDT session in front of the TV watching the tour. I will leave it for the hub to decide.

I hear it's easier from the couch...

I guess Its easy to comment sitting on the couch watching these guys race in appalling conditions and I'm taking nothing away from any of them they are hard as nails but.....

I really got the impression yesterday that Froome pulled out more because of the conditions than the injuries which for me was disappointing and I think he could have fought more but that's just my opinion.

Agreed. He strikes me as being a bit soft. Upsetting as that is for SwissVan in his 'I love you Froomie' underpants to hear... Now Porte, that's a tough SOB...

Thats below the belt

All i'm saying is give Froome some respect, its not like he fell off once and just gave up.

Anyone who can finish a TDF (never mind win it) is a lot tougher than all us armchair critics put together

Lets experiment and see how tough you are?

Go ride outdoors and throw yourself off the bike at 40 kmh twice, repeat once tomorrow and then come and tell us if you rode again on day 3

Thats below the belt

All i'm saying is give Froome some respect, its not like he fell off once and just gave up.

Anyone who can finish a TDF (never mind win it) is a lot tougher than all us armchair critics put together

Aah, I see what you did there...

Underpants... Below the belt...

Clevaaaaa...!

post-2885-1404992707,6116.jpg

He had a fall or two in the Tour de Daulphine and even though he was hurt rather badly, he continued.Three more falls in the TDF became too much,I think his body must have been in aches and pains aplenty.

A real pity as I was hoping to see lots of him on the Tour (leaving on Sunday to watch the rest of it)

Personally I think Froome gave in a little easily but he probably knew he'd never be a contender

I agree.

I'm not a Froome fan, never have been, but it did look like he gave up a bit easily for a defending champion.

It's all good for the pro-Froomers to say that we amateurs would have done the same, which is true, but we aren't pro riders in the TdF.

I guess Its easy to comment sitting on the couch watching these guys race in appalling conditions and I'm taking nothing away from any of them they are hard as nails but.....

I really got the impression yesterday that Froome pulled out more because of the conditions than the injuries which for me was disappointing and I think he could have fought more but that's just my opinion.

Only he will know, he could have tried the first section of pave coming right up and made his decision then.

Ah, I remember the broken collar bone story. Tumbs will tell you about the way PR and reporters write. Lots of poetic freedom to make the story sell. I know a little about medicine and you cannot ride with a fully broken collar bone.

From his book ... but he was a tough SOB.

Hard life you lead .....

Go ride outdoors and throw yourself off the bike at 40 kmh twice, repeat once tomorrow and then come and tell us if you rode again on day 3

Do we get a jaguar and retainer?

I will try anything once swiss :whistling:

Aah, I see what you did there...

Underpants... Below the belt...

Clevaaaaa...!

post-2885-1404992707,6116.jpg

Nearly as clever as having to use meme's, you on steroids again?

Sure, all I need is a team car to follow me with a brand new Pina for every time I crash. Then I am in for sure!