2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

It was a rhetorical question, i dont really care

Aah come now, you cared so much last year... I can't help feel things have changed between us...

I promise to stop saying mean things about Chris...

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have loved to see Froome vs Contador vs Nibali fair and square up those mountains.

That's what I was hoping for. I was hoping to see a proper straight shooting contest between all three, with all three at 100%, banging away at each other in the mountains. For me, that would have been a lot more riveting than what I saw yesterday.

Even better. Have Quintana join as the fourth amigo. I would take time off work just to watch that live.

Sorry, but I can't help feeling a little deflated today.

One has to admit that Alberto's teammates keep failing.. I would like to know what the role of Jesus Hernandez is because I've never seen him working for the leader..

Unless he works from the back of the peloton. :ph34r:

Aah come now, you cared so much last year... I can't help feel things have changed between us...

I promise to stop saying mean things about Chris...

Nothings changed, i still believe dopers should be banned for life irrespective if a pro or fun rider...no if's and but's

Anyway, can i suggest we stop derailing the TDF thread?

I'm not sure all this talk of froomedawg being a bit of a softy for pulling out of the tour is really grounded in much fact.

uh mean, any kid who can ride a raleigh m-trax in the rift valley can handle some pave no probs.

BrovpwFCIAAu8pb.jpg

One has to admit that Alberto's teammates keep failing.. I would like to know what the role of Jesus Hernandez is because I've never seen him working for the leader..

Unless he works from the back of the peloton. :ph34r:

I dunno, they have been doing a pretty good job of shielding him in the front of the main group every day...but ja when they get to the real climbs i think AC might have only 1 or 2 riders able to support him

Didn't Hamilton break his shoulder in a crash and then went on to finish the Giro, in 2nd!!

Collar bone. And it wasn't the Giro.

He came 4th overall in the 2003 TDF. He raced all the mountain stages and responded to all the attacks without ever once leaving his saddle. Not enough, he went on a 142km solo breakaway on Stage 16 to win the stage. I watched that stage, and I will never forget that ride.

Say whatever you like about the guy. Arguably the toughest mo-fo I've seen on 2 wheels.

...but ja when they get to the real climbs i think AC might have only 1 or 2 riders able to support him

The main reason I think Froome had the better chance on winning. Last race Contador had to try win on his own, not a single rider could even stay with him up the climbs, never mind pace him....

• Astonishing that Lars Boom’s stage win yesterday was the first Dutch stage win in nine years......

Nothings changed, i still believe dopers should be banned for life irrespective if a pro or fun rider...no if's and but's

Anyway, can i suggest we stop derailing the TDF thread?

Sorry, dozed off there for a sec...

Sure, I agree with your suggestion.

Bad news for Giant-Shimano. John Degenkolb, who crashed twice yesterday, has not only a big bruise but also a torn muscle in his Gluteus Maximus. The usual treatment is rest, but the German is going to keep on trying to go. However,this "sit" muscle is an important one in cycling, so he will just have to see how it goes.

Collar bone. And it wasn't the Giro.

He came 4th overall in the 2003 TDF. He raced all the mountain stages and responded to all the attacks without ever once leaving his saddle. Not enough, he went on a 142km solo breakaway on Stage 16 to win the stage. I watched that stage, and I will never forget that ride.

Say whatever you like about the guy. Arguably the toughest mo-fo I've seen on 2 wheels.

Agreed, remembered it from his book, so just googled it for the thread, that's what popped up on Wiki. " In 2001, Hamilton left U.S. Postal for Team CSC. He was made a leader under manager Bjarne Riis. Hamilton fractured a shoulder in a crash in the 2002 Giro D'Italia but managed to finish second. Hamilton became the first American to win the Liège–Bastogne–Liège race. He won the Tour de Romandie in 2003. In the 2003 Tour de France he cracked a collarbone in the first stage, and stayed to finish the tour. That year, he rode one of the Tour's most memorable feats. He won Stage 16 with a 142 km solo breakaway, and placed fourth overall. For his stage win, Hamilton was awarded the Coeur de Lion prize (French for Heart of the Lion, the name of the cheese maker that sponsored the award), as the most daring racer of the stage."

Edited by Patchelicious

:excl: :excl: :excl:

There have been only five withdrawals so far, and to of them are former Tour winners (Froome, Andy Schleck). That leaves only one former winner in the race: Alberto Contador.

Another mini-storm brewing around Sky with DS Servais Knaven implicated by team mates in doping at TVM.

:excl: :excl: :excl:

There have been only five withdrawals so far, and to of them are former Tour winners (Froome, Andy Schleck). That leaves only one former winner in the race: Alberto Contador.

I seriously think we will see a new champion this year