2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, remembered it from his book, so just googled it for the thread, that's what popped up on Wiki. " In 2001, Hamilton left U.S. Postal for Team CSC. He was made a leader under manager Bjarne Riis. Hamilton fractured a shoulder in a crash in the 2002 Giro D'Italia but managed to finish second. Hamilton became the first American to win the Liège–Bastogne–Liège race. He won the Tour de Romandie in 2003. In the 2003 Tour de France he cracked a collarbone in the first stage, and stayed to finish the tour. That year, he rode one of the Tour's most memorable feats. He won Stage 16 with a 142 km solo breakaway, and placed fourth overall. For his stage win, Hamilton was awarded the Coeur de Lion prize (French for Heart of the Lion, the name of the cheese maker that sponsored the award), as the most daring racer of the stage."

My apologies then, you had it right first time re. his fractured shoulder and 2nd overall at the Giro. I didn't know about that one.

My respect-o-meter just went up a notch for the yank.

Edited by tombeej

It was a rhetorical question, i dont really care

You're still hurtin', man?

Who're you gonna back now?

Re: Froome and the falling down, just look at the guy, he has absolutely no protection. 3 odd pct body fat and bone. Somthing has to give, and it's not the road! His insides must be all shook up. This marginal gain skinny stuff did not work here.

Maybe another sprinter today, Kittel fell yesterday too, with all the others.

You're still hurtin', man?

Who're you gonna back now?

Yep

Nibali and Porte...and LOL Horner just because he's the ole tjoppie and has a naughty face

Standing at The 200m mark today.

The atmosphere is already awesome

Just dont try and take any selfies with your back to approaching sprinters, if you do take off the Springbok shirt first...SA doesn't need anymore negative press...

Enjoy

Edited by SwissVan

Egor Silin (Katusha) and Xavier Zandio (Sky) the two worst off from the first crash, TV saying they might be leaving the race

Peter Sagan has also crashed. He's at the back of the pack, showing bruises on his left side.

Standing at The 200m mark today.

The atmosphere is already awesome

post-5455-1404998385,8986.jpg

post-5455-1404998426,1353.jpg

Now I remember I was so jealous last year, all those photos around the teams etc..