2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed!

Only watched it this morning. Gosh, how miserable did Sagan look. Big ups to them all.

There was only one smile and it was Boom....the rest were sad pandas suffering away like dogs.

Is this your own work of art, or did you download it from somewhere?

It's from Dutch cycling website called Het die Koers

4th or better for Sagaaan after 5 stages

What a bike rider

Firmly in the maillot vert now

There was only one smile and it was Boom....the rest were sad pandas suffering away like dogs.

Jens wrote that the pavè is too dangerous to be included

Surprising

I liked the stage. Roubaix is probably the most important/most watched single day race in France, if not the world. Why should it not feature in the worlds biggest stage race? Also, there are many many stages just for sprinters, stages for climbers, for TT riders, there should be one for the classics men, too.

I liked the stage. Roubaix is probably the most important/most watched single day race in France, if not the world. Why should it not feature in the worlds biggest stage race? Also, there are many many stages just for sprinters, stages for climbers, for TT riders, there should be one for the classics men, too.

Agreed, if it was just cobbles I doubt we would've heard too much groaning, but the weather aggrevated an already tough day and did make it dangerous.

Not saying they should've taken it out, as I enjoyed every second of it from my armchair, but I can see why some of the riders are complaining. It was a massacre out there.

Deffo

And it's best in which the top all-round bike rider, with well organized team, takes the Golden Fleece home

The stage was on the cards since the route was announced. It required some strategy and tactical thinking.Teams could have picked more classics men to cope with the stage. For example, Quick step chose supporting Cav over having Boonen. Sky decided they did not need Wiggins. Trek and Cannondale could have picked support for Cancellara and Sagan.

I vote for 2 cobbled stages next year!

Seems the peloton has a love-hate relationship with the cobbles.

I go with those who say the tour champion should be an all rounder, why should it favour a TT champ, or a skinny (but frail) hill climber?

Although if Fab complains, it must have been tough and dangerous. Maybe he is just getting old. Andrew Talansky had a tough time, but he came out smiling. He is a great guy.

BsIkGkNCMAAx2tb.jpg

Just some thoughts that come to mind ....

Why all the talk of Richie when by all accounts here and elsewhere Sky is not much to worry about without either Chris or God forbid Sir Brad?

Do any of the other teams genuinely have an option 'B' for GC?

Any know if there might be more rain today?

According to the Official TDF website , its 17deg and raining already

Jens wrote that the pavè is too dangerous to be included

Surprising

Eish.......... so much for his tough guy image

Archived