Cwc tygervalley

peppermintjam

Can someone translate what droll etc means?

Maybe it's worth laughing at!

Sometimes it's better to laugh things off, maybe you did look funny, one or 2 jokes a day gets you through the drudgery of work, maybe the ballie was moeg and needed to lift his spirits, or I suppose maybe he has a mean streak and needs a warm klap. Jaaslik my Afrikaans is coming on lekka!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to cwc today to purchase a pair of radarlocks. When waiting for the assistant to fetch the diffrent colour options available I heard the guy that helped me first (60 year old shop assistant) singing in the workshop about my baggy pants and some thing about a "droll" in my pants.

Never knew Cwc were fashion critics, certainly won't be doing my fork upgrade through you guys anymore either let alone put another foot in your door or recommend anybody to your shop.

Poor show........... Your pensioner shop assistant and spanner macs should make up a song for you tommorow on how they lost you thousands of rands.

If I could return these radarlocks and support your competition I'll do it gladly.

I think I know who it might be, is he a slightly "chunky" guy?

Went to cwc today to purchase a pair of radarlocks. When waiting for the assistant to fetch the diffrent colour options available I heard the guy that helped me first (60 year old shop assistant) singing in the workshop about my baggy pants and some thing about a "droll" in my pants.

Never knew Cwc were fashion critics, certainly won't be doing my fork upgrade through you guys anymore either let alone put another foot in your door or recommend anybody to your shop.

Poor show........... Your pensioner shop assistant and spanner macs should make up a song for you tommorow on how they lost you thousands of rands.

If I could return these radarlocks and support your competition I'll do it gladly.

Can we see a pic of the offending trousers so we can be the judge :thumbup:

Maybe you have to pull up your socks!!

If he's 60 he may well have been singing that song (that he's had in his head since he switched his walkman off earlier) and you were coincinently wearing trousers that are too big for you...? You should've walked up to that nasty man and said "my dad's bigger than your dad".

Seriously, were you there to make friends or to take advantage of their good prices. Screw what he said/sang, you know you're the shizzle and that's all that matters homegirl. Don't stop rocking your peejays in public for anyone...!

I hate those pants. It annoys me that people think it is cool wearing those ill fitting pieces of crap garments.

" n Hanggat soos n hok-leeu" comes to mind.

Its not a personal attack on the OP, but if it was one of those trousers that looked like you crapped your pants, then thats what it looked like.

The guy in the shop maybe just thought out loud, like a lot of us do.

--Morning rant over--

Maybe I'm missing the point but first off how do you know he was actually singing about you? and if he was why on earth do you do nothing about it and then come and start a thread on thehub complaining about it?

Maybe be was singing bojangles and you missed a word or two over the air compressor?

It's wrong, but it happens.

In a true corporate sense, making fun of a customer is dumb and unprofessional. In a workshop / low level sales situation it happens a lot.

Staff who fill these positions are generally not very well educated or sophisticated, so in his eyes it was probably just a bit of harmless fun, repeated many times in a normal working day.

Notify management. They will be very apologetic, promise to take action, and do nothing.

I hate those pants. It annoys me that people think it is cool wearing those ill fitting pieces of crap garments.

" n Hanggat soos n hok-leeu" comes to mind.

Its not a personal attack on the OP, but if it was one of those trousers that looked like you crapped your pants, then thats what it looked like.

The guy in the shop maybe just thought out loud, like a lot of us do.

--Morning rant over--

Your point is not valid in a business enviroment. If they want to criticise people and make jokes of them then close up shop and become stand up comedians. business is about making sales and generating profits, the last thing you want to do is mock your clients (your income)