Cyclist attacked

Pooh_bear

Reading this thread, it saddens me to realise that according to the majority of posters, we have become so used to being robbed and hijacked that we just hand over our possesions. The criminals own us. What can we expect, our very own president is a man of questionable morals.

My wife was attacked whilst running last year.

She pepper sprayed the low life maggot.

It was close to our house, she phoned me and told me what had happened.

I was there within minutes.

The attacker was laying on the ground screaming like the coward he is.

Then he started talking about my wife assaultimg him with the pepper spray

So I gave him a beating so that he really had something to report.

He never did.

I will fight back with everything I have in me. It is my property, I worked for it. They will not take it from me.

Edited by Vetseun

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading this thread, it saddens me to realise that according to the majority of posters, we have become so used to being robbed and hijacked that we just hand over our possesions. The criminals own us. What can we expect, our very own president is a man of questionable morals.

He never did.

I will fight back with everything I have in me. It is my property, I worked for it. They will not take it from me.

Agreed!

Agreed, however insurance is small compensation when your not breathing anymore.

I know gun laws, I know what I'm getting into, after all I own a gun, they don't just hand things over the counter. Of course I hope I never have to use it, but it seems that our lives are in danger, on bike, on the street, in our homes.

The thing is I don't think I'm the first one out there to do this, I may be the first one to state it on a public forum.

if your life is in danger you can shoot , when some one is trying to stab you I think that counts as your life being in danger.You may still be up for murder but I think once proven that your life was in danger your be cleaed.The question is is it worth the hassle of going to court for 3 years and your life getting disrubted?

He never did.

Agreed

It is because we the public turned slapgat that crooks are on the rave.

There will always be a slapgat who will tell you that you will face murder or assault charges if you hit back.

Has anyone here seen a film called Bicycle Thieves? It is brilliant, worth a watch. It's Italian and from 1949 and brilliant.

I, together with my son-in-law, was bike-jacked in Joburg back in April 2013. It happened so quickly, on a single track rutted to about 6 inches deep and thick grass along the sides, so no chance to get into the veld. We were more angry than frightened, even with pistols held on us, but realised these F@£ckers choose their location carefully so that retaliation will only go against you.

We also considered carrying weapons but discarded that idea as we realised we then become targeted for weapons and not the bikes. It's a sad fact of the lack of law and order that we are subjected to this behaviour, but hey, it does happen in other countries too!

When I was bike-jacked in 2011 a gun would have done me no favours. They planned their location well, 1 in front to block my only path of escape and 4 peeled around from the side and behind. That said, yesterday with the 2 air breathers trying to kill my wife and I by forcing us to swerve into traffic, well a gun would have done me a brief short lived favour, but I would be in jail now and not typing on this forum.

Yes, it sickens me that we have to defend ourselves against the law in an otherwise lawless country if we take action against those trying to attack/kill us. It further sickens me that when you report these issues to the authorities little to no effort is put into preventing or bringing the perps to justice. It is this very reason that people get to the point where they want to carry a gun while cycling, knowing full well that no one will come to their rescue should they be attacked, not the police and not even those witnessing the attack.

Bottom line we shouldn't be in a position where we cycle constantly thinking of how to subvert an attack, but I do every time I get on my bike. I personally won't carry a gun because I don't want our so called law coming after me when I do what they should be doing.

I'm not going to be robbed and stabbed and just stand there.

Most important thing is your life and you can never be replaced. I hope you never find yourself in a situation where you believe you need to rely on your firearm.

And welcome to The Hub.

While working on a massive privately owned game farm in Zambia we used to patrol the fence lines by off road motorbike and carried Colt 45 pistols in belt holsters. It is not easy or quick to jump off a moving bike, draw a pistol and either initiate or return fire. Besides feeling like Rambo every time we went riding the fences they weren't really worth anything more than just looking pretty bad ass; afterwards we found out that the poachers were scared off more by the sound of the bikes than us and our 45's on the bikes.

I can guarantee that by the time you have drawn a well concealed pistol the mugger will either be well on his way (in which case you will be up for murder should you shoot him) or they will stab / shoot you just to get your gun. The law is very clear in this regard ; you can only use necessary force in the moment when your life is in fact in danger - your life is not in danger when your now stolen bike is on it's way to it's new home, i.e. the mugger is running / cycling away.

My 2 cents worth of advice - leave the gun at home, it's not worth the crap you're going to get yourself into.

While working on a massive privately owned game farm in Zambia we used to patrol the fence lines by off road motorbike and carried Colt 45 pistols in belt holsters. It is not easy or quick to jump off a moving bike, draw a pistol and either initiate or return fire. Besides feeling like Rambo every time we went riding the fences they weren't really worth anything more than just looking pretty bad ass; afterwards we found out that the poachers were scared off more by the sound of the bikes than us and our 45's on the bikes.

I can guarantee that by the time you have drawn a well concealed pistol the mugger will either be well on his way (in which case you will be up for murder should you shoot him) or they will stab / shoot you just to get your gun. The law is very clear in this regard ; you can only use necessary force in the moment when your life is in fact in danger - your life is not in danger when your now stolen bike is on it's way to it's new home, i.e. the mugger is running / cycling away.

My 2 cents worth of advice - leave the gun at home, it's not worth the crap you're going to get yourself into.

Lack of training !!! Bikes was used in Nam in the early 80 .