Cape Epic 2014

Pieterg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So any idea of who the top "proper" amateurs are at this stage?

Fritz Pienaar & Francois Theron or Nic Lamond & Hannes Hanekom?

Mannie just finished on this Fat Bike. :clap: Oh and there are still 660 rider on course. :blink:

He's my new favourite Epic personality! Can someone please post a picture or 2 of him, the fatbike and mud?

He's my new favourite Epic personality! Can someone please post a picture or 2 of him, the fatbike and mud?

Just saw in the other thread:

BjkLVdNIUAAY8r8.jpg

Fritz Pienaar & Francois Theron or Nic Lamond & Hannes Hanekom?

Seriously impressed with Fritz and Francois... but if they qualify, surely McLean does too? Just not sure on his Austrian friend. Those top Grand Masters are tough as nails!

So any idea of who the top "proper" amateurs are at this stage?

I think Andrew Duvenage and Gareth Barnes are the leading amateurs. Andrew is 32 years old, has a day job and a young family and only took up the sport a couple of years ago.

They're currently 31st overall.

would be great to have a amateur and/or weekend warrior categories

Edited by GoLefty!!

would be great to have a amateur and/or weekend warrior categories

Should be fairly easy for the organisers to see which teams did not get their entry sponsored and paid their own way! Should be a mention category at least...

apart from what I have said regarding Sauser's Epic victory BEING over, and him not making the podium. If there is anyone that can pull 10 minutes back it is Sauser, his will to win and hunger is head and shoulders above the rest, his partner needs to hold on and be prepared to be in hell for the next few days, Sauser is going to hurt everyone, even his partner, perhaps to the teams detriment, but one thing is for sure, it is going to make for some great watching!

apart from what I have said regarding Sauser's Epic victory BEING over, and him not making the podium. If there is anyone that can pull 10 minutes back it is Sauser, his will to win and hunger is head and shoulders above the rest, his partner needs to hold on and be prepared to be in hell for the next few days, Sauser is going to hurt everyone, even his partner, perhaps to the teams detriment, but one thing is for sure, it is going to make for some great watching!

I checked last years results and after the 2nd stage last year they where more than 8 minutes down and won.

A question, are you allowed to swop a bike with a teammate, or only parts?

It's a pity Fontana and Fumic are not there, the baggy wearing, camel back wearing and wheeling at break neck speed downhill is sorely missed.

Would love to sit and have a few pints with Fontana, Hermeida and Shurter.

I checked last years results and after the 2nd stage last year they where more than 8 minutes down and won.

A question, are you allowed to swop a bike with a teammate, or only parts?

Only parts.

You're right Mackie, its going to be a big fight. Attack attack attack!! (BTW are you training for Monster?)