MTB underwear?

in10sive

Hi

I have a "uncomfortable" strange noob question - I am am starting to cover lots more XC km each day - but my "rear" is starting to feel the pain/burn now - I have read on various sites that padded cycling shorts are designed to be used without underwear but won't it be a full time job keeping the shorts clean, I only have 2 at the moment because they are so expensive and afraid if I have to wash them every day they will not last long.

Do you guys have any recommendations please - is their such a thing as specific cycling underwear to use with padded cycling shorts?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nooooooo bru. Wash em after the ride by hand gently if you want them to last, and air dry in house not a tubule dry.

Nooooooo bru. Wash em after the ride by hand gently if you want them to last, and air dry in house not a tubule dry.

Soap and water.

Don't *** urself and u will be fine.

to add: toilet paper is for wiping your ass (Afrikaans: om deur jou gat te trek)

The only specific underwear that I know of is your bare ass. Trust me thats what the padding is designed for. Two shorts will last you a long time. And please wash them after every ride

I wear normal underwear with my cycling shorts (Mr Price Sport brand). I've tried without underwear, but don't like it, and I don't have problems with chafing if I wear underwear with the cycle shorts.

I throw them in the wash (use short wash cycle) with my cycling clothes after a ride, using normal washing powder and fabric softener. So far no problems and they have lasted very well. But what works for me might not work for others.

Edited by Jacquers

Cant ride with underwear. Way to uncomfy.

My shorts/bib are still 100's after being washed after every ride, in the washing machine. No tumble dryer though.

I wear normal underwear with my cycling shorts (Mr Price Sport brand). I've tried without underwear, but don't like it, and I don't have problems with chafing if I wear underwear with the cycle shorts.

I throw them in the wash (use short wash cycle) with my cycling clothes after a ride, using normal washing powder and fabric softener. So far no problems and they have lasted very well. But what works for me might not work for others.

At least wear a G String so we dont have to see your panty line

At least wear a G String so we dont have to see your panty line

I wear baggies over my cycle shorts, so no visible panty line :P