This is how we cycle

scuzzy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is nothing wrong with it, but I noticed that the driver is crazy to overtake cyclists over white solid lane over the hill. He should slow down and wait and make sure there is no oncoming traffic before overtaking cyclists.....

#justasecond !!!!

The main issues I see here are a BMW changing lanes without indicating, and the filming car crossing a solid white line on a blind rise.

Edited by Snails

Funny how these responses are what one would expect from The Hub.

Last time I checked a car can hurt you when you cycle in front of it, whether he was right or wrong will not get your life back.

Last time I checked a car can hurt you when you cycle in front of it, whether he was right or wrong will not get your life back.

Hence the people driving their 2 ton metal weapons need to be very careful with them.

Especially if you are on your way to work, with 3 cyclists next to each other in front of you.

Think you are missing the point, but such is life

Don't forget the cyclists cant read STOP.

Fire engine deployed :devil:

Chances are good that the car at the stop sign gave them the go-ahead to cross the intersection before him/her. I make eye contact with drivers at intersections and most often they show me I may cross before them. I then don't come to a complete stand still because I don't want to waste the other persons time.

I think it is nothing wrong with it, but I noticed that the driver is crazy to overtake cyclists over white solid lane over the hill. He should slow down and wait and make sure there is no oncoming traffic before overtaking cyclists.....

Nothing wrong with cyclists jumping stop streets?

I am always surprised at how cyclists jump on the defensive and point out the wrongs of others (relating to the original video post) as opposed to the original point as if to deflect the attention. Why can you not say that the riders in the video were a bunch of chops ? Seems pretty simple to me, or does it make you feel guilty when you see others do what you do and it's gets highlighted ?

Chances are good that the car at the stop sign gave them the go-ahead to cross the intersection before him/her. I make eye contact with drivers at intersections and most often they show me I may cross before them. I then don't come to a complete stand still because I don't want to waste the other persons time.

I do exactly the same, and more often than not the car driver waves you through.

This is if you at least attempt to stop at the Stop sign. :whistling: :devil:

Especially if you are on your way to work, with 3 cyclists next to each other in front of you.

Think you are missing the point, but such is life

And how much time did you lose due to their riding 3 abreast? Maybe you should have gone around the block, hoot at them so that they can through you the finger and then we can shame them for that as well.

Scuzzy, If you are objective about the clip you will have to be honest and realise that it is a case of the "pot calling the kettle black".

The classic RSA road attitude of you are wrong and I am right. The guys cycling in the back were in line except when overtaking. The cyclists in the front were riding in a bunch hogging the road and not stopping at a stop sign. The driver that took the video clip was operating some or other filming device (propably a cellphone).

So now you are talking about the attitude of the hub. Common respect is what SA roads need and only expecting one group of people to keep their side clean and the other not is not going to work.

@Hennie VR as I said, think you are missing the point

But lets all keep aggravating frustrations for what cyclists do on the road