(Update) Absa Cape Epic: Evans and Knox penalised for unfair advantage

News bot

Just read the brilliant report from @batmanza...

"What a sight, in front of me was a mountain and etched to it was the most amazing trail that seemed to go on and on and on. Bikes glittered the whole way up as riders swept left then right then left again on this steep hillside. About half way up there was a noise on my left and Urs Huber passed easily on a path that didn’t exist, no Platt."

Just saying... :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

By the way...everyone should stop trolling this tread here and DEFINATELY read this...

https://www.bikehub.co.za/features/_/mtb/sa-mtb/epic-insider-single-track-and-more-single-track-on-stage-4-r1311

Flippin great report to read and absolutely great pictures!!

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man this sucks, Im a great fan of the Max/Kevin team.

STILL AM! I think they are one of the most potent combos in SA. But their team is getting a lot of slack because of Mr Stewards TUE thing, the R150 000 penalty, and then ontop of that now KE. I think their team is under a lot of pressure now and that can not be nice for the team members. I would be super frustrated with the whole situation.

someone said that you must lodge an appeal withing 30min.. so actually what they mean it.. it's okay to cheat as long as no-one tells on you.. Something aint right.

Now if only they could impose simular actions for littering.

Ie. Adrianne. On TV opening a bar and spitting out that little bit off the wrapper torn off with her teeth to open it.

I saw that it pissed me off immensly. That should be an instant 10 000 rand fine to anyone who litters on these trails.

someone said that you must lodge an appeal withing 30min.. so actually what they mean it.. it's okay to cheat as long as no-one tells on you.. Something aint right.

Just a correction....its ok if nobody lodges a complaint where they feel you got an unfair advantage ie cheating. Did songo get an advantage...well no-one reported it, so no, they didn't.

Lucky perhaps....but then for fedgroup to use that as a defense / justification is swak.

Edited by rouxtjie

Oi.. can't they just all get along.

Oi.. can't they just all not cheat?

Oi.. can't they just all not dope?

Actually this whole lodging a protest thing is only partly true, the commisaire can also apply their discretion. There doesn't have to be an appeal for action to be taken, but if there is a protest, it must be within a certain timeframe.

The protest or action taken by a commisaire can be appealed.

Once done is done though, whatever the decision is. It's time to move on and make the best of it.

Just a correction....its ok if nobody lodges a complaint where they feel you got an unfair advantage ie cheating. Did songo get an advantage...well no-one reported it, so no, they didn't.

Lucky perhaps....but then for fedgroup to use that as a defense / justification is swak.

Technically nobody was behind them to see it happen thus no one can report it :whistling:. They were the last team to start and I can't remember if they have passed someone at that stage. Guess luck was on their side.

Technically nobody was behind them to see it happen thus no one can report it :whistling:. They were the last team to start and I can't remember if they have passed someone at that stage. Guess luck was on their side.

It was televised though....that is where I saw it anyway. Doesn't matter anyway...that boat has sailed.