Do you ride a 26er?

Guest dirkieuys

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My trusty old Donkey on my early morning ride today on the trail, has done me proud! (I had a 26in Trance too but sometimes life takes things away! Bugger!). This bike has done thousands of K's and although its a heavy old wench it never lets me down and takes me to where I feel like going...

post-12678-0-14471900-1446706653_thumb.jpg

Hey man :whistling:

We like our 26ers.  Why are you trolling our thread? Or do you deep-down want one too? :P

Or maybe...maybe....a 26er beat you in your last race? :whistling:

Part trolling, part jest, part humour but largely true. I have both but can't believe I waited so long to move with the times and upgrade to a 29". The efficiency of the larger wheel is quite remarkable, so hey, why constrain yourself unnecessarily.

Part trolling, part jest, part humour but largely true. I have both but can't believe I waited so long to move with the times and upgrade to a 29". The efficiency of the larger wheel is quite remarkable, so hey, why constrain yourself unnecessarily.

?? Please explain this efficiency

I agree here, I also have both and I am noticeably faster on the 29er on most track even though it is heavier. However I love riding both, different characteristics like driving a sports car, then a rally car, then an SUV etc. Point is 26ers never stopped being fun - except for maybe marathons.

Okay......

These are my collie-mutts...They have real names, but lets refer to them as 26 and 29.

26 is cheeky, accelerates like a rocket and can turn a corner on a dime.

29 is graceful with a long gait and only when the singletrack staightens out does she get ahead of 26.

26 is quite a bit smarter than 29 :whistling:

post-57454-0-37080100-1446722235_thumb.jpg

Edited by blondeonabike

yup, this pic is W2W last year, and again this year.

Day 1 (A-Z forest section).JPG

were you on the ride, I ask this ad my team mate and I had a brief "cool another 26'er" chat with a rider on bike that looks just like yours....we were in all black kit and on Green/Black/White stumpy and a Green/White jekyll.....Also 26'ers Edited by Hairy

were you on the ride, I ask this ad my team mate and I had a brief "cool another 26'er" chat with a rider on bike that looks just like yours....we were in all black kit and on Green/Black/White stumpy and a Green/White jekyll.....Also 26'ers

I only recall 4 other 26'ers at the moment; a hardtail that looked out of place in a sea of full sussers and his riding partner (can't remember what he rode) - but we had the 26'er chat, and two ladies riding Meridas.  I did have many many chats along the way, so could have been that I've forgotten some details - especially if I looked super tired...

Can you recall what kit the guy (very possibly me) had on - I was in Isuzu Kit, first 2 days in shirts and last day in red jacket, orange Camelback.