Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

That's what's been happening with top end watches.

They take a serial no off a forum and copy it.You call and check and it's legit.

First service and you hit with the shocker :eek: :eek:

...i think with bikes especially the carbon goodies. the risk/benefit ratio is in favour of the scammer/counterfeiter as costs go up exponentially per gram 'saved'.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am starting to think there is something much bigger than all this.

First poster exposes a business that's been around for years.

Conspiracies, conspiracies, conspiracies ....

A fall guy was taken out, to clean up the business, same as in cycling a few years ago? :eek:

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE PRICE FIXING SAGA???

previous posts says so,

Additional, one of my good mates dads recently bought himself a SL4 from the same shop - also a fake!

Goodness gracious....how many have they caught then.Was that invoice no just for one month then?

What in cycling IS real then? The riders are fake, the bikes are fake.. What if fake is real and we've been getting shafted all along?! The Armstrongs are the only real ones!!

The pain is real

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE PRICE FIXING SAGA???

No, the exposing of this shop selling fakes?

This could have been just about any other shop ?

This could be much bigger than we think !

Given that so many shops are owned and run by ex-pros, wannabe pros (not you Wannabe!) and pros, is it really surprising that there are cheats? The cycling industry is not exactly known to be squeaky clean...

Why would a doping cyclist suddenly grow some ethics to conduct their business?

A swiss replica will go for about R7000

A hong kong replica R1500

The Swiss replicas are very good.

The difference between the two is very noticeable. I took a very short trip down that road..... My Dad had an Omega Speedmaster that I would inherit but I couldn't wait that long so I bought a replica from Hong Kong. To the untrained eye it was impressive. Side by side however there was no comparison. The Swiss replicas on the other hand I have heard are VERY good.

I unfortunately inherited that watch a few years ago....

Apparently pinerello international is now sueing the company...

Additional, one of my good mates dads recently bought himself a SL4 from the same shop - also a fake!

They must be thinking to themselves....why oh why didnt we just do right by mr armstrong

Given that so many shops are owned and run by ex-pros, wannabe pros (not you Wannabe!) and pros, is it really surprising that there are cheats? The cycling industry is not exactly known to be squeaky clean...

:eek: RUN FORREST RUN :whistling: Edited by DIPSLICK

I see a business opportunity here.These Europeans will take years to pick up on it :whistling: :whistling:

Actually.... saw a guy all decked out in Cannondale Liquigas kit the other day and noticed he had a fancy looking carbon frame but with no name that I could see on it (as I passed him :clap: with my hairy legs) and my first thought was it a chinodale or something. He was an unfriendly looking bugger so decided not to ask him where he bought his bike...

Actually.... saw a guy all decked out in Cannondale Liquigas kit the other day and noticed he had a fancy looking carbon frame but with no name that I could see on it (as I passed him :clap: with my hairy legs) and my first thought was it a chinodale or something. He was an unfriendly looking bugger so decided not to ask him where he bought his bike...

Could have been a Evo Black

Seen a few of them .....but not fake though

http://media.cannondale.com/media/catalog/product/cache/287/small_image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/C/1/C14_700M_EVO_NANO_BLE_1.png

I dont get it, if they're not Lancing themselves with needles... theyre crooking in other ways :whistling:

this story is much like the capetown gangsters that beat up the driver

CYCLING IS THE LOSER :blush: :blush:

exactly !