Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

Off topic but we did back up for the assos team at the epic one of the riders was Zoetemelk's son.

Did he do the epic on a fake Pinarello?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bike only said Open on top tube, plastic as far as I could tell. I had to open it a lot with all the mud to change cables.

Probably right in saying it wont have much depth but it is at least something.

A week ago the idea of a fake bike scam hitting our tv screens was pretty much unthinkable, now maybe people will think twice. For a while at least.

Agreed it will def have impact, I think the industry will change no doubt,

Bike only said Open on top tube, plastic as far as I could tell. I had to open it a lot with all the mud to change cables.

OPEN mtb is from the guys that did Cervelo.

One if the lightest mtb frames on the market.

I hope this post isn't contrary to Hub etiquette, I know I was flamed a few times early on...

Wow, 91,000 views, if Cycle Science had the ‘the prescience of Joseph when dealing the Pharaohs’ they would have refunded me when I asked and stopped selling fake bikes and accessories. Instead they have 91,000 plagues upon them. There is no going back to business as usual.

I am extremely grateful to my attorney Ben de Beer for ensuring my legal ducks were in order before exposing this fraud. ‘I would much rather have Ben inside my tent pissing out than outside pissing in’ that is for sure.

We met with Carte Blanche on Tuesday after I posted on The Hub Monday afternoon. I flew out on Wednesday evening. Sometimes we forget how lucky we are to have an institution like The Hub and Carte Blanche that is prepared to provide a platform and expose wrongdoing. Of course this may well be the tip of the iceberg but at least we know cycling retailing isn’t all the plain sailing we, or at least I, thought it was.

Perhaps cycling retailers will become more professional and expose fake bikes and accessories when servicing them. Perhaps manufacturers and agents will protect their own brand equity. I still don’t know whether my Kask helmet is genuine, how can I tell? I would prefer to find out before I fall off.

As testimony to how naïve I was about cycling retailing I didn’t even know about The Hub until last week. All I wanted was to buy my dream bike from my LBS, it should be a fun experience like buying surround sound.

Note to self: Perhaps surround sound before doing the garden.

Guest DieBees

I hope this post isn't contrary to Hub etiquette, I know I was flamed a few times early on...

Wow, 91,000 views, if Cycle Science had the ‘the prescience of Joseph when dealing the Pharaohs’ they would have refunded me when I asked and stopped selling fake bikes and accessories. Instead they have 91,000 plagues upon them. There is no going back to business as usual.

I am extremely grateful to my attorney Ben de Beer for ensuring my legal ducks were in order before exposing this fraud. ‘I would much rather have Ben inside my tent pissing out than outside pissing in’ that is for sure.

We met with Carte Blanche on Tuesday after I posted on The Hub Monday afternoon. I flew out on Wednesday evening. Sometimes we forget how lucky we are to have an institution like The Hub and Carte Blanche that is prepared to provide a platform and expose wrongdoing. Of course this may well be the tip of the iceberg but at least we know cycling retailing isn’t all the plain sailing we, or at least I, thought it was.

Perhaps cycling retailers will become more professional and expose fake bikes and accessories when servicing them. Perhaps manufacturers and agents will protect their own brand equity. I still don’t know whether my Kask helmet is genuine, how can I tell? I would prefer to find out before I fall off.

As testimony to how naïve I was about cycling retailing I didn’t even know about The Hub until last week. All I wanted was to buy my dream bike from my LBS, it should be a fun experience like buying surround sound.

I say, let justice be served!

This garden is starting to intrigue me!

you've demonstrated nothing but professionalism and decency despite your troubles. in other words, pure class.

sincerely hope you come right, Andrew.

Edited by MockTurtle

Firstly from all I have read here I SAY I BELIEVE MR ARMSTRONG

One problem I have is if CARTE BLANCHE is already ready to go to tv on Sunday how extensive could all the details/facts be "INVESTIGATED" I'm sure MR Armstrong has given them. Lots of ammo he seems like he has lots of facts, I'm more concerned about all the other who have been caught and how widely spread this is in the industry

So I would like to see how much they investigated or is it a knee jerk reaction to a HOT STORY,

I'm sure by now a full forensic audit couldn't have been done, and check paper trails and and and I hope I am wrong and it is a extensive investigation was done so we will know bike shops won't even think of pulling this Shiite again

While bike manufacturers continue to seek cheap labour in China and top dollar on the retail floor, rejects will continue to filter out of the side doors of those factories.

If anyone thinks a Chinese factory destroys its salable rejects they're living in lala land. They throw nothing away that has value and rejects do have value.

While bike manufacturers continue to seek cheap labour in China and top dollar on the retail floor, rejects will continue to filter out of the side doors of those factories.

If anyone thinks a Chinese factory destroys its salable rejects they're living in lala land. They throw nothing away that has value and rejects do have value.

100% agreed but I feel this is good for the industry

Indeed it should be awesome experience. In 2010 I Order my dream bike from Mr.LOOK, a 585 Optimum. I liked the classic LOOK, I liked the geometry, even had my finger on order with Van NIcolas for a full custom I designed myself, but thansk to their dithering I found that the 585 Optimum had very similar geometry that I as after.

I spome directly to Mr.LOOK and nominated my LBS (who was a bit reluctant to sell me anything other than a Spec.....). MR LOOK informed it would take about3-4months for my fram to arrive, would I mind riding his bike till I received mine...!???? Heck ok I was expecting a older machine, instead he lone me his 595!

My frameset arrived about 3.5months later and I assembled it myself. Thats what the experience should be like.

On Surround Sound, I once sat in the Praalder, Theresiastraat (Den Haag) for an entire Saturday listening to various combo's.Not once did the salesman loose patience. Even ordered coffee and sandwiches while we played. I walked out with a full set of Mordaunt Short Declaration speakers and NAD AV kit.

There is good honest service in the world, just not at CS.

26" Does that still exist?

Yes they do. Next time you're bleeding through your eyeballs, trying to hang onto my wheel, have a good look at that 26" infront of you. :whistling: :ph34r: