Hopping and jumping a MTB: dummies guide

ByronH

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good skills are hard to learn, that's why it is rare. My surfski/canoeing coach used to tell me: "If it was easy, everyone would be doing it".

When you're good at something don't do it for free! Peach also supplies the bike, so you won't be braking yours. If you are in the pretoria area, you're welcome to contact me to join me on a trials ride. Im willing to give you tips, this will NOT be a lesson and i WILL NOT supply a bike, but you are welcome to join and try pick up on a few things

I tried to teach my wife to hop onto the pavement. That lesson ended with stitches in her knee. So thanks for this post. Peaches services will come in handy.

I went for a lesson with Peach. He's really good at explaining the moments you need to make. Most of the stuff on YouTube is ok, but having someone right there to watch you, and who you can ask questions makes a huge difference.

Remember though, the trials bike is quite a different thing to the old DS MTB... But, Peach also offers MTB lessons...

I tried to teach my wife to hop onto the pavement. That lesson ended with stitches in her knee. So thanks for this post. Peaches services will come in handy.

If he manages to teach her that please let me know. I've had so many people try and I just can't get if right either, and frankly people are starting to ask questions regarding the bruises.

If I can make it, where will you be riding?

And can there be a bunch of us? Or do you want one by one?

Edited by ByronH

WTH!!? people pay for this??!! :eek:

Hell PM me as well if you are in Cape Town, my rates will be reasonable.

umm YES i need to learn to jump up curbs and over ****. Its one of my serious challenges in mtb. also to jump down over obstacles without your back wheel popping up....

umm YES i need to learn to jump up curbs and over ****. Its one of my serious challenges in mtb. also to jump down over obstacles without your back wheel popping up....

Go practice some wheelies. Its the first of two moves in a proper bunny hop. As a stand alone skill, its very useful in many trail riding situations. The mere fact you are comfy doing it will boost your overall riding confidence.

I suggest you keep the ckeavage, but lose the cleats ;), at least in the beginning.

If he manages to teach her that please let me know. I've had so many people try and I just can't get if right either, and frankly people are starting to ask questions regarding the bruises.

Like when your shopping with your husband, and people see your bruises and give him a weird look?

Like when your shopping with your husband, and people see your bruises and give him a weird look?
lol.....been there. Youngster head butt my wife on the eye....was very embarrassing at that weekends race when she took off her sunglasses and then people looked to me afterwards ....