If money is not issue why would you not do a MTB race

therence

too dirty? Are you gay or just allergic to a little dust? If money was no object i would do every race! Also...time off work to travel there.

Argus changed the route this year and it was incredible, so you absolutely lost out by reading previous year's race reports. The Burger last year was really beautiful and one or two bottlenecks do not ruin an entire race, surely?

Why dont you give your own opinion instead of attacking others opinions?

I think you misunderstood the question.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because my bike is too expensive to get dirty or risk chipping the paint.

I'm not homosexual (if that matters) but i wouldnt go for a muddy event or one where there was going to be a queue. I only do TB; Crater Cruise & Bela Bela. Use the last 2 events to get away with Mrs and no.2 son. & Bela Bela as an add-on to the road race the day before.

As others say would rather ride local trails not race, but will do local road races.

As soon as I am confident enought with my skill I will do races. Think it must be loads of fun. For now keeping me away is also that I don't want to be that slow rider holding you up on the single track.

Hi guys, I see so many people moaning about MTB routes. What will make you not do a MTB race. What makes a challenge not a challenge anymore.

To many hills, sand, thorns ..........

Miles on end of district road is NOT a mountain bike race. That is a dirt roadie race.

A mountain bike race is a race such as Magalies Monster, or the Nissan Van Gaalens for example and a few others.

district road is not considered a MTB race, if there's more than 30% district road, I will not enter that and waste my time or money.

Edited by ChUkKy

Late start in summer

> 150km by car one-way, returning same day

Prospect of a mud bath

Miles on end of district road is NOT a mountain bike race. That is a dirt roadie race.

A mountain bike race is a race such as Magalies Monster, or the Nissan Van Gaalens for example and a few others.

district road is not considered a MTB race, if there's more than 30% district road, I will not enter that and waste my time or money.

So you entered for trans?

Guest dirkieuys

Ive done a few downhill races but prefer not to race. Love the time out riding with a few mates without having to worry about the clock.

Forgot to mention that i am also just to sleg!

Edited by dirkieuys

Personally I dont mind dirtroad riding / racing. If it is marked, there is support and other riders for safety and to chase, it is fine. I do road races that are much more dangerous, why not dirtroads? If it is not hard enough - go faster. Too technical and I may miss work...

So you entered for trans?

That's a social with other poephols to chat to for 230km, dirt roadie ride

Edited by ChUkKy

Unbalanced routes. If I wanted to do 2000m climbing in 50km I would have done the mast twice and go home. Slipping 2km of single track in does not constitute a technical ride

Proper website with proper description of route, profiles and directions to the race start

Oversubscribed events. Nothing like trying to squeeze 1500 people through a single file bridge 500m from the start.

Extreme weather conditions

Poor reviews in previous years

Discrepancy between event pricing and perceived value

When some of these small races start costing you more than R6/km and the longest route they have is less than 50km.

Lack of proper signage.

Lack of single track.

Tar sections at a MTB race.

Lack of proper seeding.

Inept organisers.