If money is not issue why would you not do a MTB race

therence

The one and only race I rate as the true equaliser.

This race has a bit of everything and even the guys who want technical only will have respect for that district road.

Anyone who comes in at under 8 hours on that event is tough as nails, anyone who finishes that event is a legend.

I DIDNT THINK IT WAS THAT HARD HONESTLY if i remember i came in just over 7 hours, and we rode slow taking pics

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Too congested races. ie Burger and Argus. Especially the mtb.
  • Route descriptions which describes declines of more than 17%
  • Route descriptions with words like ..very techinical decents, loose rocky decents and only very experienced riders should attempt this.
  • and then if futher uncertain, I google for racereports of previous years.
  • Rain. On the day or the days before the race. Not because I will melt, but the potential damage to my bike.

lol, except for the first one, I am the complete opposite. Love technical, hate heat.

There are quite a few races I would love to do and the only reason I don't (besides the cost) is lack of fitness. That battle between finding time to train, doing the job that pays for my bikes and making sure that I spend quality time with my family (most important).

That said, there are still on my bucket list. In a few years time I'll be able to train with my son and then get to combine training and family :-)

I DIDNT THINK IT WAS THAT HARD HONESTLY if i remember i came in just over 7 hours, and we rode slow taking pics

Your Atta medal probably looks like a tongue that's lodged in your @$$.

I can see the tongue in cheek.

Your Atta medal probably looks like a tongue that's lodged in your @$$.

I can see the tongue in cheek.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Its because you so strong Dawg

was that with or without the knee brace J-Dawg

if im gonna be robbed in SA its gonna be at gun point! on principle I dont do stage races that cost more than 2k a day!

Sorry I know u said if money isnt an issue and its not for me, but i do think race organizers are taking advantage of the demand at this stage. its all becoming a cycle nkandla! I do think in the long term its gonna hurt the sport.

Edited by VicanZA

Wow, it seems like people are really tired of waiting for other guys in these apparent "Bottlenecks"... Well that explains a lot seeing as the everyone that moans about the bottlenecks are not seeded in A,B or C batch...

HTFU and race faster, get seeded better, ENJOY the race :w00t:

Easy enough hey?

So why did they mirror your pic?

Haha I wuz going to mock scotty for putting his number board on upside down...glad I read your post

Edited by SwissVan

@VICANZA

I know u said if money isnt an issue and its not for me

WELL IN THAT CASE BANKING DETAILS

M. MOUSE

BRANCH CODE 3825 968

BANK OF BULLSHEET

NEVERLAND

Hi guys, I see so many people moaning about MTB routes. What will make you not do a MTB race. What makes a challenge not a challenge anymore.

To many hills, sand, thorns ..........

1. Crowded routes (lap events and bottle necks close to the start)

2. And the biggest sin of all....poor signage / marshaling. The problem with this one is you never know until its to late and even if 99% of the route is well marked marshaled...it just that 1 %...