HUBBERS LETS HELP CARPET

DIPSLICK

Dips/Badass... please feel free to use my funds as you decide fit - I have full trust in you good folk :thumbup:
+1

+1 from me as well.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys.

Here is what i propose....(just a suggestion as i am merely the treasurer, nit the intitator or benefactor)

I agree with a post made earlier regarding Dips being out of pocket for the reward that in all likelyhood went to the thieves themselves.

So, seeing as there is over 15k in the account (WOW) and i have still got to put my R1000 in, that means we have enough to pay for a new fram as well as reimburse the reward money.

DIPSY, if you dont want the reward money back, deal with it.

AGAIN. This is just a suggestion.

However, please STOP donating as we have more than reached our goal.

Herewith latest statement.

62453152200.pdf

If hollard pays out and it is not the full amount to cover the frame then the fund can be used as a topup to cover what is still outstanding

Ok guys.

Here is what i propose....(just a suggestion as i am merely the treasurer, nit the intitator or benefactor)

I agree with a post made earlier regarding Dips being out of pocket for the reward that in all likelyhood went to the thieves themselves.

So, seeing as there is over 15k in the account (WOW) and i have still got to put my R1000 in, that means we have enough to pay for a new fram as well as reimburse the reward money.

DIPSY, if you dont want the reward money back, deal with it.

AGAIN. This is just a suggestion.

However, please STOP donating as we have more than reached our goal.

Herewith latest statement.

+1

If hollard pays out and it is not the full amount to cover the frame then the fund can be used as a topup to cover what is still outstanding

+1

And if there's even more left over, Hub party!

I was taught that you don't give and then expect it back.. I didn't break the bank or give what I could not afford to give.. if they pay her out.. great.. what happens to the money imo is entirely up to you guys and her..

She can pimp her ride.. go in holiday (after all the stress.. maybe a holiday is what is needed) . Net wat sy wil.. or you can donate to a worthy cause if you want to.

Hi all you generous hubbers.

Here is what I think.

Bicicletta who is also Ritchey S.A. have also come to the party with a better price on the frame.

So there will be a saving there.

Well done to them :clap: :clap:

There is this possibility that Carpet may be paid out.

Now we all wonder what should happen with the money.

My suggestions :

The bike did incur damages as a result of the theft. She did not claim for these expenses, and these components are still usable, the rear wheel has a bad knock and the saddle has incurred some damage but is usable, the brand new S-Track pedals that didn't even do one ride look as if they have been used for the past 5 years.

These are all damages post the return of the bike that Carpet was happy to pay for on her own account and did not feel the need to claim for them as they are still "usable"

I see some hubbers insist that she get the money.

So I was going to suggest that if that funding makes it's way to Carpet, she could use that to take care of some of those costs.

Those who feel that it's unfair, I would almost insist that they get a refund.

I see some have suggested other academies and charities.

I foresee a small problem here.

I am almost sure that many who gave ,did so out of money they really could use and need in their own lives, yet still did so out of great generosity and care.

Now if the funds was to go to some charity or academy, I can understand and would assume that some people will not be happy for their money to go somewhere or to someone they would not really want to give to.

So I suggest the following.

1. I feel very strongly that FrancoisC should get some money to take his wife and kids and treat them to a great eat-out ,failing that I will eft. money in to his account for that.

2. The money gets returned to every generous and great hearted hubber.

3. This one I spoke to my wife about last night, and we both felt that Dipslick could possibly get his reward money back.

I would love to hear from you all, your suggestions, and that we may reach a general consensus .

HUB showed its commitment to a member through voluntary donations/contributions.........

Challenge to Hollard - prove your ethical and responsible business practices by matching the HUB fund and donating the money to a cause as determined by Carpet and settle in full the insurance claim in question......

........class fees for attending Cycle University, subject matter HUB101............ :thumbup:

Hi all you generous hubbers.

Here is what I think.

Bicicletta who is also Ritchey S.A. have also come to the party with a better price on the frame.

So there will be a saving there.

Well done to them :clap: :clap:

There is this possibility that Carpet may be paid out.

Now we all wonder what should happen with the money.

My suggestions :

The bike did incur damages as a result of the theft. She did not claim for these expenses, and these components are still usable, the rear wheel has a bad knock and the saddle has incurred some damage but is usable, the brand new S-Track pedals that didn't even do one ride look as if they have been used for the past 5 years.

These are all damages post the return of the bike that Carpet was happy to pay for on her own account and did not feel the need to claim for them as they are still "usable"

So I was going to suggest that if that funding makes it's way to Carpet, she could use that to take care of some of those costs.

Those who feel that it's unfair, I would almost insist that they get a refund.

I see some have suggested other academies and charities.

I foresee a small problem here.

I am almost sure that many who gave ,did so out of money they really could use and need in their own lives, yet still did so out of great generosity and care.

Now if the funds was to go to some charity or academy, I can understand and would assume that some people will not be happy for their money to go somewhere or to someone they would not really want to give to.

So I suggest the following.

1. I feel very strongly that FrancoisC should get some money to take his wife and kids and treat them to a great eat-out ,failing that I will eft. money in to his account for that.

2. The money gets returned to every generous and great hearted hubber.

3. This one I spoke to my wife about last night, and we both felt that Dipslick could possibly get his reward money back.

I would love to hear from you all, your suggestions, and that we may reach a general consensus .

Roll a dice and allocate my paltry donation to any of the above options except option 2. I don't need the money back.

Edited by Corvus

I am almost sure that many who gave ,did so out of money they really could use and need in their own lives (or on their own steads and battle equipment), yet still did so out of great generosity and care.

You can keep my donation :thumbup:

Ooh or start a Emercency Room fund..

Flip.. it adds up . Lol.. I am only joking.. I will say though, it is cheaper to go to the ER in Rustenburg than in Klekrsdorp.. it's true hey..

Like I said..maak soos jul smaak.

Make my donation go to Carpet, let her rebuild her bike, replace whatever she needs to.

If left, think dips reward is a good option for whats left, if left, no pressure.

Make Hollard match the Hub's amour, Carpet can decide on a worthy cause to get it.

G