HUBBERS LETS HELP CARPET

DIPSLICK

Hi Guys,

I have received communication from Cyclesure regarding an ex-gratia payment.

I would like to thank you all for your goodwill and support.

If the Hubbers insist that I keep the money.

I am only prepared to accept enough to recover the damages that I did not claim for.

I also feel strongly about the fact that Dipslick must get his reward money back.

I will also be very happy if Francois can take his family out to a lovely dinner or lunch (Not negotiable)

Also insist that they ensure there is no record of a rejected claim!

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

I am only prepared to accept enough to recover the damages that I did not claim for.

I also feel strongly about the fact that Dipslick must get his reward money back.

I will also be very happy if Francois can take his family out to a lovely dinner or lunch (Not negotiable)

Hear hear.

Hi Guys,

Will they give you enough to replace the frame

Personally I prefer my insurance company to pay things without having to be coaxed... My view, their image has been damaged, only time will tell how badly, how many people will go with them still, given they have a large customer base not from the Hub, so that's innocent canon fodder still I guess.

If they don't pay replacement cost, at least we have this pot of Randella's to help Carpet pay the balance and whatever else needs to be replaced.

G

Hi Guys,

The boys have to look after the Hub ladies! :D

Well ,I think an update from Mr.P would be awesome so we can see what each of the three individuals will get.

Carpet,

In 2008 I was retrenched (and unemployed for 6 months - in which time our cars were repossessed and we barely hung on to our house!), and I had to sell my bike to pay my ill daughters medical bills.

I CLEARLY remember stating in the ad that I cannot afford to be too negotiable, because I desperately needed every cent.

So this wonderful community of people got together and started collecting money for me, so that I could keep my bike and also pay the medical bills.

Which I also did not want - I just wanted a fair sale.

But these wonderful, amazing, kind hearted bastards would have none of it!

That episode raised well over R15 000.

One lady even had flowers sent to my wife to make her feel better (it was so tough at one stage that my wife felt too bad to ask me for money for shampoo, and used to wash her hair with a cake of Lux soap! - we can laugh about that now!)

It saved us at a VERY difficult time.

And I am ashamed to say that I don't feel I ever adequately thanked everyone then who contributed.

I was so overwhelmed and embarrassed, that I didn't know how to thank everyone properly.

But there are angels in human form on this Hub and they WANT to help you.

And the best thing you can do is just be grateful and ride the hell out of that new bike.

And believe.

That there are real angels in this world!

So, I am VERY sorry for this shameless hijack but.....

If I never thanked you personally, my wife, daughter and I can never express our gratitude adequately to everyone who helped us.

You will never know what it meant to us back then, and still today!

The name of the ad I clearly remember was "Carbon Beautiful" - I wonder if there is a way that I can perhaps access the thread that followed so that I may thank everyone personally? Administrators?

Jeepers that's one way to make a grown man cry! Will deposit once paid...

sorry okes.

You were all so confused about money...ive decided to go on a lekker holiday to capetown with carpet.

Sounds like a good cause to me! Enjoy.

Hmmm

I know we gave the money to Carpet, and even happy that she goes on a break after this experience, but damm we got a stow away, how did you get on board the cruise to the Mountain. :)

G

sorry okes.

You were all so confused about money...ive decided to go on a lekker holiday to capetown with carpet.

Hmmm

I know we gave the money to Carpet, and even happy that she goes on a break after this experience, but damm we got a stow away, how did you get on board the cruise to the Mountain. :)

G

I gotta control her spending.

sorry okes.

You deserve to Mr P.

You and Wyatt and Dips deserve a knighthood for all the good you do here!

Have a GREAT vacation!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

sorry okes.

the thing is...you do so much..no one would actually object in this case !

Guest EdEdEd

sorry okes.

JUST TAKE FRANCIOS WITH!

the thing is...you do so much..no one would actually object in this case !

What he said