DIPSLICK

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all you generous hubbers.

Here is what I think.

Bicicletta who is also Ritchey S.A. have also come to the party with a better price on the frame.

So there will be a saving there.

Well done to them :clap: :clap:

There is this possibility that Carpet may be paid out.

Now we all wonder what should happen with the money.

My suggestions :

The bike did incur damages as a result of the theft. She did not claim for these expenses, and these components are still usable, the rear wheel has a bad knock and the saddle has incurred some damage but is usable, the brand new S-Track pedals that didn't even do one ride look as if they have been used for the past 5 years.

These are all damages post the return of the bike that Carpet was happy to pay for on her own account and did not feel the need to claim for them as they are still "usable"

I see some hubbers insist that she get the money.

So I was going to suggest that if that funding makes it's way to Carpet, she could use that to take care of some of those costs.

Those who feel that it's unfair, I would almost insist that they get a refund.

I see some have suggested other academies and charities.

I foresee a small problem here.

I am almost sure that many who gave ,did so out of money they really could use and need in their own lives, yet still did so out of great generosity and care.

Now if the funds was to go to some charity or academy, I can understand and would assume that some people will not be happy for their money to go somewhere or to someone they would not really want to give to.

So I suggest the following.

1. I feel very strongly that FrancoisC should get some money to take his wife and kids and treat them to a great eat-out ,failing that I will eft. money in to his account for that.

2. The money gets returned to every generous and great hearted hubber.

3. This one I spoke to my wife about last night, and we both felt that Dipslick could possibly get his reward money back.

I would love to hear from you all, your suggestions, and that we may reach a general consensus .

my money was for Carpie, failing that option 1 or 3 is good

Get the frame from insurance and carpets banged up ride sent to the sheriff! Let him build up a beauty and give to Carpet! If DIPS will accept the reward refund then do that and whatever is left send to Francois!! Problem solved!

Edited by DPG

I suggest the overflow to go to FrancoisC to take the family to a special dinner.

Great Idea Wyatt.

But here's a better one:

There are people out there especially this time of year who need blankets and jerseys etc.

I know that Abraham Kriel orphanage in Pta has lost their government funding and are really struggling, and are dependant on charity from all quarters.

Can the leftovers not be donated to them so that those little children can have warm clothes and food this winter?

This would make me very happy.

Apologies, i sent a small payment this morning before I read this thread again, so didn't get to the bit about not making any more payments.

FWIW, please feel free to use my small donation for any cause that you see fit.

Hi all you generous hubbers.

Here is what I think.

Bicicletta who is also Ritchey S.A. have also come to the party with a better price on the frame.

So there will be a saving there.

Well done to them :clap: :clap:

There is this possibility that Carpet may be paid out.

Now we all wonder what should happen with the money.

My suggestions :

The bike did incur damages as a result of the theft. She did not claim for these expenses, and these components are still usable, the rear wheel has a bad knock and the saddle has incurred some damage but is usable, the brand new S-Track pedals that didn't even do one ride look as if they have been used for the past 5 years.

These are all damages post the return of the bike that Carpet was happy to pay for on her own account and did not feel the need to claim for them as they are still "usable"

I see some hubbers insist that she get the money.

So I was going to suggest that if that funding makes it's way to Carpet, she could use that to take care of some of those costs.

Those who feel that it's unfair, I would almost insist that they get a refund.

I see some have suggested other academies and charities.

I foresee a small problem here.

I am almost sure that many who gave ,did so out of money they really could use and need in their own lives, yet still did so out of great generosity and care.

Now if the funds was to go to some charity or academy, I can understand and would assume that some people will not be happy for their money to go somewhere or to someone they would not really want to give to.

So I suggest the following.

1. I feel very strongly that FrancoisC should get some money to take his wife and kids and treat them to a great eat-out ,failing that I will eft. money in to his account for that.

2. The money gets returned to every generous and great hearted hubber.

3. This one I spoke to my wife about last night, and we both felt that Dipslick could possibly get his reward money back.

I would love to hear from you all, your suggestions, and that we may reach a general consensus .

I REALLY appreciate the sentiment, Wyatt - and Lord knows the missus would really enjoy (its our 6th wedding anniversary today!)

BUT, there are little children in REAL need who are cold and hungry and really need it more than us!

Or maybe to the family of that monster on the East rand who kept his family locked up and tortured them.

I can make dinner for my wife tonight, but who knows what's going to happen to those children.

Let's get Carpet's bike looking like it looked before some idiot stuffed it up. Whatever is left to go towards refunding Dips's reward money. :clap:

I REALLY appreciate the sentiment, Wyatt - and Lord knows the missus would really enjoy (its our 6th wedding anniversary today!)

BUT, there are little children in REAL need who are cold and hungry and really need it more than us!

Or maybe to the family of that monster on the East rand who kept his family locked up and tortured them.

I can make dinner for my wife tonight, but who knows what's going to happen to those children.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

NO WORDS

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, YOUR FAMILY IS LUCKY TO HAVE A MAN LIKE YOU, WORTH MUCH MORE THAN MONEY CAN BUY :thumbup: :thumbup:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

NO WORDS

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, YOUR FAMILY IS LUCKY TO HAVE A MAN LIKE YOU, WORTH MUCH MORE THAN MONEY CAN BUY :thumbup: :thumbup:

what he said

Guest EdEdEd

My money must either go to Carpet or FrancoisC or as part of Dips's reward...Finish en klaar

otherwise I can use (need) it

So these are the options with money:

1. Carpet

2. Dips

3. Francois C

These are my choices.

1. Carpet-which is why I donated it in the first place.

2. Dinner for Francois C and wife. Having been retrenched last year but was fortunate enough to get another job fairly quickly I know the stress and pain Francois C is going through.

3. Dips. Sorry Dips. I know you mean well but I really feel for FC.