Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the subject of Youtube Channels, I have been following Lyndon Poskit around the world with his Races to Places channel. They did a Dakar Mallemoto segment as well. He did it twice as a Mallemoto competitor and both times were completely different experiences. Really interesting channel to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/user/pyndon

The early Races to Places stuff is on his sponsor Adventure Spec's page

https://www.youtube.com/user/adventurespec

Really interesting and a time eater. He's just left SA for the UK up Africa. Gave a talk in Jhb and CT; not Durbs, rode the Roof and Kalahari Rally etc. Real live wire and very very knowledgeable mechanically (some sort of jet engine / aerospace engineer by training). Had a bit of a health scare and took to Races2Places on a heavily modified (by him) KTM.

On u choob, try MAD Motorcycle Adventure Dirtbike TV. Beautifully shot adv biking movies, some feature length.

I also like eveRideadv.

Missing my bikes!

Really interesting and a time eater. He's just left SA for the UK up Africa. Gave a talk in Jhb and CT; not Durbs, rode the Roof and Kalahari Rally etc. Real live wire and very very knowledgeable mechanically (some sort of jet engine / aerospace engineer by training). Had a bit of a health scare and took to Races2Places on a heavily modified (by him) KTM.

If you have Instagram I would highly recommend following him [emoji106] he was posting from the Roof

On the subject of Youtube Channels, I have been following Lyndon Poskit around the world with his Races to Places channel. They did a Dakar Mallemoto segment as well. He did it twice as a Mallemoto competitor and both times were completely different experiences. Really interesting channel to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/user/pyndon

The early Races to Places stuff is on his sponsor Adventure Spec's page

https://www.youtube.com/user/adventurespec

Yeah the Races to Places series was pretty awesome. My favourites are the first couple where he goes through his bike build and prep.

Husky/KTM 450RR is still my dream bike  :drool:

I absolutely like the looks of the versys, but for some reason they stay to expensive for me. Would sell my GS in a heartbeat for a versys.  

I absolutely like the looks of the versys, but for some reason they stay to expensive for me. Would sell my GS in a heartbeat for a versys.  

Ya they hold their value, I paid the same now as I paid in 2014 for my first one. 

Sat in the Cape Town traffic for the first time in years yesterday afternoon and noticed that the Honda NC is quite a popular choice for commuting.

Although I've never been much of a fan of the Honda NC and Kawasaki Versys looks wise there is no denying that is a great choice for a commuter. The comfortable seating position and power delivery of these bikes make them great in traffic.

I currently commute on my GSXR 750 and its a horrible commuter, the hunched over seating position and where the power is delivered is not designed for this. And I have to drop my boy of at school aswell.

When my DR is fixed I'll start commuting on that , pretty sure it will be way better.

Edited by BenReaper

Sat in the Cape Town traffic for the first time in years yesterday afternoon and noticed that the Honda NC is quite a popular choice for commuting.

Although I've never been much of a fan of the Honda NC and Kawasaki Versys looks wise there is no denying that is a great choice for a commuter. The comfortable seating position and power delivery of these bikes make them great in traffic.

I currently commute on my GSXR 750 and its a horrible commuter, the hunched over seating position and where the power is delivered is not designed for this. And I have to drop my boy of at school aswell.

When my DR is fixed I'll start commuting on that , pretty sure it will be way better.

I decided to do my dealer visits on an R1 back in the day.  Used to go from home in Pretoria to World of Yamaha to Centurion Yamaha to Linex to Wilrogate and around to JHB Yamaha and then back home to Pretoria.  Lasted about 2 weeks and I gave it back and grabbed the TMAX scooter.  It was a pain in the arse (literally, because the underseat pipes actually burn your arse) to commute on the R1.  Can't think that any superbike is pleasant to commute on.

I decided to do my dealer visits on an R1 back in the day.  Used to go from home in Pretoria to World of Yamaha to Centurion Yamaha to Linex to Wilrogate and around to JHB Yamaha and then back home to Pretoria.  Lasted about 2 weeks and I gave it back and grabbed the TMAX scooter.  It was a pain in the arse (literally, because the underseat pipes actually burn your arse) to commute on the R1.  Can't think that any superbike is pleasant to com

I would LOVE a TMAX!!!!!

just how "safe" are scooters in terms of handling and braking?

I decided to do my dealer visits on an R1 back in the day.  Used to go from home in Pretoria to World of Yamaha to Centurion Yamaha to Linex to Wilrogate and around to JHB Yamaha and then back home to Pretoria.  Lasted about 2 weeks and I gave it back and grabbed the TMAX scooter.  It was a pain in the arse (literally, because the underseat pipes actually burn your arse) to commute on the R1.  Can't think that any superbike is pleasant to commute on.

I decided to do my dealer visits on an R1 back in the day. Used to go from home in Pretoria to World of Yamaha to Centurion Yamaha to Linex to Wilrogate and around to JHB Yamaha and then back home to Pretoria. Lasted about 2 weeks and I gave it back and grabbed the TMAX scooter. It was a pain in the arse (literally, because the underseat pipes actually burn your arse) to commute on the R1. Can't think that any superbike is pleasant to commute on.

Years ago I had this GSXR SRAD of mine in Streetfighter guise, was a way more comfortable in traffic but still to nippy though.

Toying with the idea of a small 400cc streetfighter build, enough power for whatever and you can make it as comfortable as the custom seat you put on.