Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

All I think of is that when on the bicycle on wet roads, my back gets plastered with water and grit/grime ... how bad must it be for these bikes without a guard.

Nice bike 

However is it just me that worries about the increased chance of being unseated and ones crotch then coming in to contact with a rear tyre and an injury that will make a kick in the nuts look like a Xmas party?

See these Cafe's all the time.

Just wonder about the sanity of the seating position and sans mudguard...

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know how much it cost for a replacement KTM Adventure key? When I got home from work, there was a damn stray cat in my house, and out of frustration, I threw my bike keys at him, and broke the small little piece in front of the key off. I hate that cat. Luckily I still have a spare key, and the factory key code card and key. I just dont want to do a long trip without a spare with me.

What about getting some pratleys steel epoxy stuff and re-shaping the tip, or getting someone to weld a piece of steel to the end and grinding it back again? Far cheaper than a new key, and seeing as it's "just the tip" it shouldn't be too difficult

What about getting some pratleys steel epoxy stuff and re-shaping the tip, or getting someone to weld a piece of steel to the end and grinding it back again? Far cheaper than a new key, and seeing as it's "just the tip" it shouldn't be too difficult

I have heard of some people getting in very big trouble with just the tip.  

All I think of is that when on the bicycle on wet roads, my back gets plastered with water and grit/grime ... how bad must it be for these bikes without a guard.

Good luck to you if you ride through one of the many many overflowing sewerage drains on that thing

I think those keys are some kind of cast aluminium/pewter alloy. Welding anything to them is nigh on impossible. I wouldn't risk a quick fix just to have the new bit break off inside the ignition barrel....

@Lexx, have a look at  your insurance policy schedule. There is usually a clause in there specific to key replacement. That should be covered.

I think those keys are some kind of cast aluminium/pewter alloy. Welding anything to them is nigh on impossible. I wouldn't risk a quick fix just to have the new bit break off inside the ignition barrel....

@Lexx, have a look at  your insurance policy schedule. There is usually a clause in there specific to key replacement. That should be covered.

Ergh. Yeah, in that case it's not a good idea. 

I am assuming one should not specify that the keys broke when being thrown at the cat, just that the keys are broken  :ph34r:

I am assuming one should not specify that the keys broke when being thrown at the cat, just that the keys are broken  :ph34r:

No of course not. I was referring to the keys that he lost... 

Anyone have some advice re a Honda XLV700 transalp? 

Looking at one now and im quite keen, the KLE is a bit too much project vs Commuter! 

Great bikes. Punchy engine, Honda Reliability.

Cant go wrong.

I am assuming one should not specify that the keys broke when being thrown at the cat, just that the keys are broken :ph34r:

Hopefully his broker isn't on Bikehub and that he didn't by accident read his post. [emoji1787]

Anyone have some advice re a Honda XLV700 transalp? 

Looking at one now and im quite keen, the KLE is a bit too much project vs Commuter! 

heard that maintenance is extremely expensive on the transalp for some reason. 

@Lexx, have a look at your insurance policy schedule. There is usually a clause in there specific to key replacement. That should be covered.

I never thought about asking my insurance company. I'm with Santam, will quickly give them a call. Thanks Grebel.

Where Lexx lives that stray cat could have been a Lion, so key insurance is probably cheaper than life insurance.