Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, the bikes are in and we're on our way back to durban.

The fully built bike is my mate's one, but the motor that comes with the other one is a brand new recon unit that's just been assembled by an excellent mech so I think I'm getting the better deal.

The frame for mine is already chopped and has a shorter seat, so my rebuild path is kinda decided for me. So, the final pic is what I'll be going for, but with lights and indicators for road use.

Can't wait. 8e1d92b3ab92ef1c5fb5421635389031.jpgd44b0e962bf7f008f8fec7e502f9d904.jpgd6482355ccd32412a0986041e56c3471.jpg0f13a649ac5c33f3816d5e05bb9a6d70.jpg

Some inspiration for you...

a429462d0743336c679c3c3758b3c4fc.jpg

35d5c92e7a31e821619192160ba13586.jpg

I’ve collected more here:

https://pin.it/osg7t4aqnbsoza

One day I’ll get to do my dream build!

No man, don’t ruin it

If it doesn’t look right, they’ll not stay on until I go off road, or I’ll make some that do.

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

I see Holeshot is selling the Vitpilen 701 for R120k, down from R150k.

Always loved the look, and they lend themselves to mods very nicely too......

https://www.wheels24.co.za/BikesQuads/meet-the-only-tricked-out-husqvarna-701-vitpilen-in-south-africa-20181011

The Vitpilen + Svartpilen 701 was a serious choice for me, until I rode it. Maybe I just don't deal well with thumpers but I found the engine very lumpy and not pleasing to ride. So much so, that the test ride was literally around the block. Never had such a strong sense of dislike from the get go. The 401 however, is a laugh to ride.

I had a duke 690. Rode it everywhere even long distance. Long distance was not as pleasant but commuting was a hoot. Same motor as the husky.

My son had the rc390. Damn that lil bike impressed me no end

It would seem it will be out of most average adults reach, price put at around $10k!!!!!

At first I was like "well, that's normal for a superbike"

Until I saw it was a 250.... 

At first I was like "well, that's normal for a superbike"

Until I saw it was a 250.... 

It's a "special" bike built to compete in the local Japanese championships. I believe it revs insanely high too. Will try and find the article I read on it.......

Edit, here we go. 4 cylinder, 20,000rpm, 50hp and rumoured to be WELL over $10k. Ouch......

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/rumors/2020-kawasaki-ninja-zx-25r-rumors/

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

I'm not sure about that front light cluster - it looks a bit fiddly, but the rest is oh-my-gawd perfect