Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

7 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Let me clarify, the grips are for the YT, and Black Sheep Bikes is a really good trail orientated LBS at Hoogekraal ..... but Black Sheep Bikes would make a kick ass motorbike shop name too!

The HD was just a tool to get their and back ... twice :P

Black sheep here is a coffee bar chain,

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, RoddieJ said:

Which grips did you get? I’m considering replacement grips for my Street Glide... Will probably have to take the scenic route to Gold Rand Harley, all of 8km away as the crow flies, lol

What do you currently have on your bike?

Mine came with a set of grips that have a "rugby ball" shape grips where it has a slightly ticker mid section vs the straight type grips. I have found these to be rather comfortable and it gives good grip when holding on with your thumb and index finger and accelerating (hard) ....... I like them and would prob get something similar again.

Will take pics tomorrow and show you what I am talking about.

This pic is what I have on file
image.png.b52152db645a38f4cbfa972e63f2dea3.png

The chrome bit gives a good ledge under the finger tips and it ends in a slight hook or trigger that also feels good under hand.

image.png.c5df1c2ded317e3065bd9d1acd24783e.png

Those grips look really neat 👌🏽
Except I would need heated grips and I see they are in the R4-5k range so I would have to spend some time making a choice.

Seen a set with similar chrome bits at the lower price point, and then the Willy G or Kahuna are the higher end prices.

14 hours ago, Spokey said:

Jeepers, stunning…the scenery that is. I need to visit NZ with my  Katoom. Cheaper to rent a bike I guess.

Do it!

A number of places to rent Katooms from, then there's annual KTM Adventure Rally, and while you're at it, throw in a course (or private lesson) with the king of Katoom adventure bikes, Mr Chris Birch

spacer.png

Adventure coaching clinic

https://www.chrisbirch.co.nz/coaching/2015/9/10/adventure-coaching-clinic

Edited by patches

15 hours ago, Andymann said:

And here's where we are so far - it's looking nice - long way to go still but we are making progress!

20211217_155802.jpg

20211217_155824.jpg

20211217_155843.jpg

20211217_155907.jpg

20211217_155928.jpg

Pre gearbox mounting pics I see😉
Looking good.

16 hours ago, Thug said:

Got the parts back. 

04FC47AC-51BE-4FC4-871E-C2130653E9BE.jpeg.694b94140c0a49f9cf530fcdd42790b4.jpeg

Nice!

Where did you get those sprayed? And what was the budget?

I need to get tank, mudguards covers and fairings resprayed on my Guzzi one day... But I after I have done some fibre glass work on the fairing....

29 minutes ago, i24 said:

Nice!

Where did you get those sprayed? And what was the budget?

I need to get tank, mudguards covers and fairings resprayed on my Guzzi one day... But I after I have done some fibre glass work on the fairing....

Thanks, was sprayed by a family friend. Including original Triumph tank decals, total cost came to R5k.

Thanks Gents.

Really happy with the way the painting came out. Can't fault it at all. The spraypainter has offered to spray the side panels, so will see if I can get hold of the decals and if I can, get them sprayed in the same colour.

Took it for a 20 minute burn after putting the parts back on and really happy with the ride. 

Going to be ordering the slip-on pipes from Cone in the New Year.