Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

6 hours ago, Andrew_Smith said:

What! That's so cool! I envy you... Sadly the BMW brand has sucked me into their ecosystem, doubt that I would really change, except for a Ducati Superbike which will probably kill me in the process.

For now, the G650X can be used to improve my riding skills, can be dropped a few times, and later on I'll probably be on a 800/1200 with the big boys just cruising highway miles in comfort.

I know there's some things the 1200 will be better at, but the 800 is a pretty good allrounder. 

It's like a oversized dirt bike in the tech stuff and has no problem munching up highway miles. 

Would only consider something bigger if I were to start doing longer distance touring.

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a early morning spin this morning along the coast to clear the mind. Skipped the Chapmans Peak section with the wind and going over to Constantia instead. https://www.relive.cc/view/vRO7VkpkYyv

Found a really awesome restaurant and coffee shop in Hout Bay at the old Thai Restaurant and now trading as Dues Cafe https://au.deuscustoms.com/blogs/blog/flagship-the-homestead-of-perpetunity-cape-town-sa

Stopped at Big Bike Centre for a quick chat with the owner and then a very interesting client that walked in who does Chauffeur Harley rides .... this guy has some interesting stories to tell. 

What an amazing morning and ride out on the bike, very minimal traffic and just a great start to the day.

I do need to learn to stop and take pics, but once I am moving I really just want to keep riding.

Edited by Hairy

Nice, Hairy. That's always a nice ride and even though I've ridden the coast road since it was still in its old rough tar format, I never get tired of it. Went up Chappies yesterday and sat in the sun for a while Loads of bikes riding past. 

IMG_20220102_111406[1].jpg

47 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Did a early morning spin this morning along the coast to clear the mind. Skipped the Chapmans Peak section with the wind and going over to Constantia instead. https://www.relive.cc/view/vRO7VkpkYyv

Found a really awesome restaurant and coffee shop in Hout Bay at the old Thai Restaurant and now trading as Dues Cafe https://au.deuscustoms.com/blogs/blog/flagship-the-homestead-of-perpetunity-cape-town-sa

Stopped at Big Bike Centre for a quick chat with the owner and then a very interesting client that walked in who does Chauffeur Harley rides .... this guy has some interesting stories to tell. 

What an amazing morning and ride out on the bike, very minimal traffic and just a great start to the day.

I do need to learn to stop and take pics, but once I am moving I really just want to keep riding.

yeah man, pics. Puhleaze. Here in the north we in the middle of winter, albeit it mild but still. Pics of motorcycles in the sun is good for our vitamin D levels. strues 

Sold my honda MT50 last night. Money was paid into my account. This morning i go online and transfer ownership, took all of 3 minutes. Then cancelled insurance. Another 3 minutes. Incredible how simple and efficient the system is here. Still stunned. 

34 minutes ago, Scalpel said:

Did a quick ride yesterday to Cullinan. Still the best looking 26 year old around. 

741C140A-F69B-4274-87AC-24B9C5C34FEF.jpeg

Very nice ... and I see she has a very sexy twin in the background too :)image.png.4f4ae0859b66536509ba63f71f73f615.png

13 minutes ago, Andrew_Smith said:

Footage from our previous trip from my friend's GoPro:

love it when he starts his bike up in the beginning of the vid .... so much so I rewound it a few times to listen to it again 🤣

17 minutes ago, Hairy said:

From the vid it is also clear that if you want to meet lovely ladies in very short shorts you need to ride with a dog on your bike .... noted.

Indeed, instant chick magnet! 😎

5 hours ago, Andrew_Smith said:

LOL thanks for asking him for the clip and the "shout out"