Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

I might be running the risk of wearing rose-tinted spectacles, but I'm pretty sure my 1987 AR50 would have given most 125's of today a good run. Ok, maybe not the CBR, but for sure all the Chinese and Indian ones at least...

And I wasn't even THAT hecticly modified. Matched the transfers, skimmed the head, opened up the exhaust port and raised it a bit, and bored out the carb from 16mm to 19mm. The usual stuff of 50cc tuners!

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be running the risk of wearing rose-tinted spectacles, but I'm pretty sure my 1987 AR50 would have given most 125's of today a good run. Ok, maybe not the CBR, but for sure all the Chinese and Indian ones at least...

And I wasn't even THAT hecticly modified. Matched the transfers, skimmed the head, opened up the exhaust port and raised it a bit, and bored out the carb from 16mm to 19mm. The usual stuff of 50cc tuners!

Just a warning , there is a snotneus on a 125 Aprilia in your area . Unless you got a soopabike don't take him on . That thing is super fast between robots .

Bought a 220cc PGO scooter to get me to work and back since the GF takes the car to work.

Not quite a motorcycle but still puts a smile on my face every time I ride it.

Scooters are for men who WANT to ride motorcycles, but also still want to feel the wind on their vaginas.

I

I think you are right. I started my motorcycling life in 1971 with a Suzuki TS 50 which I bought brand new out the box for the princely sum of R400.00, and a great little bike it was too.

It was the first Suzuki 50cc I believe which had automatic 2 stroke oil mixing, before that every one had to mix the oil and the petrol. Never gave me one days trouble and I put huge mileage on it, usually two up, with my then girlfriend or a mate.

It cost me tuppence to service at the local Suzuki dealership and I later had the mechanic there do some performance work on it by boring it out a bit, doing a bit of head work and removing that baffle material in the exhaust, it was noisy but it flew.!

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Just as a point of interest I also had a helmet made by "Protector" which if I remember correctly was a SA manufactured product, not sure now but maybe someone who was in the game would know.?

Has anyone ever had the chance to ride a CR 500...no wait..has anyone got balls enough to take it around a super cross track.. I did. I also stalled it, kick started it and it kick started me back twice as hard.. This bike is still a super contender for any Motard enthusiast. so ya ya you thinking KTM duke, you thinking husky 450 , you thinking Dorsoduro 1100 motard ect...THIS IS A 500 2 stroke...JEEEEEZ trust me..go ride one if you can still find one, If you can find one that's immaculate...BUY IT OR PHONE ME AND I WILL BUY IT!!!!. Its not like anything you have tamed or can tame. The beast is very wild!!!!!!!

post-44959-0-55264400-1404213821_thumb.jpg

post-44959-0-91446200-1404213913_thumb.jpg

post-44959-0-95379400-1404213925_thumb.jpg

post-44959-0-68995700-1404213937_thumb.jpg

Edited by Undun

Do you remember the RZ 500 from back in the day? What about the rz 50 and 125cc?

Has anyone ever had the chance to ride a CR 500...no wait..has anyone got balls enough to take it around a super cross track.. I did. I also stalled it, kick started it and it kick started me back twice as hard.. This bike is still a super contender for any Motard enthusiast. so ya ya you thinking KTM duke, you thinking husky 450 , you thinking Dorsoduro 1100 motard ect...THIS IS A 500 2 stroke...JEEEEEZ trust me..go ride one if you can still find one, If you can find one that's immaculate...BUY IT OR PHONE ME AND I WILL BUY IT!!!!. Its not like anything you have tamed or can tame. The beast is very wild!!!!!!!

I see your CR 500 and raise you another 200cc's...Maico 700cc 2-stroke death machine. One very careful owner :lol: http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/coxshall/DSCF0848.jpg

I haven't ridden a CR 500 but have ridden the 4 speed YZ 490, the KTM 495 and the Maico 490 back in the day. For sure those bikes pulled like a train down a mineshaft. The Maico had very little low down power but the YZ and KTM (admittedly an enduro bike) pulled fantastically well pretty much everywhere. If you were used to riding big bore 2 strokes they weren't terrifying but if you treated them like a 125 you were in for a shock of note. A real handful on a muddy track as well.

I see your CR 500 and raise you another 200cc's...Maico 700cc 2-stroke death machine. One very careful owner :lol: http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/coxshall/DSCF0848.jpg

THAT IS TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOVELY!!!!! WHAT MODEL IS THAT THING??

THAT IS TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOVELY!!!!! WHAT MODEL IS THAT THING??

Not sure, but you can read about the build here