Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

My fiancee rides a 250R Ninja. Awesome starter bike. she would be happy with the 300.

There is also now a 400.......

The V4R is pretty much a road going MotoGP bike. It is also a limited, homologation model that Ducati has to put out to be able to run it in WSBK. There is a cap of 40k euro on these homologation models to cap technology , so basically at R669k it is a bargain because without the cap I reckon it would be significantly more!!!!!!!

More, those Desmo's fetch big money, if you can find a clean one.......

THEE biggest failure by BMW, they admitted it themselves too in an article I read. Definitely not worth that amount of money at all!!!! It is carbon everything though, wheels, frame, swinger, etc........

Agreed with everything, except the bold. Def not a roadgoing motogp. It IS a roadgoing WSBK tho

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed with everything, except the bold. Def not a roadgoing motogp. It IS a roadgoing WSBK tho

I do agree, they have said though that it is the most powerful Ducati streetbike ever built and that it would be competitive if run in MotoGP.......

It is an amazing piece of kit that looks fast out the blocks.

This years WSBK might even be worth watching with the Yammie going well, this new Duke and now also a proper factory Honda team.

I think a proper teammate in Haslam will give Rea a few headaches too.

It start next weekend I think too.........

I do agree, they have said though that it is the most powerful Ducati streetbike ever built and that it would be competitive if run in MotoGP.......

This years WSBK might even be worth watching with the Yammie going well, this new Duke and now also a proper factory Honda team.

This, its reaching Schumacher-esque winning to the point its almost boring (something I very very rarely say about any bike racing)

How about a few more pics of your bike please!?!?!?

Forgot to attach to my previous post. 

2016 model. Couple of upgrades.

42003932_265270284194472_525807093990470

I call BS on that one. I reckon it'd be off the back of the field, to be honest. 

Look, I know a lot of guy's don't like Harley's and although I'll probably never buy one I do find myself contemplating them every so often.

Real beauty you have there Maxxis. [emoji108][emoji1690]

This was the only one that really appealed to me. Took very little in terms of cosmetic upgrades to make it mine.

a good couple of upgrades, she looks good

I took a seat on the 2018 street road and found that the pipe was in the perfect place to burn your right leg .... does not look like you have that issue at all?

No issues there. I've burned my leg on the top of the rear cylinder before. What happens when you quickly hop onto a warm bike in shorts to pull it around the house.

I call BS on that one. I reckon it'd be off the back of the field, to be honest. 

Probably.

Ducati are really playing up this V4R so if it is a failure they will have some serious egg of their face!!!!!

Probably.

Ducati are really playing up this V4R so if it is a failure they will have some serious egg of their face!!!!!

Their dilemma is that it's the first year of an entirely new platform. I don't see them winning the championship on their first attempt, perhaps next year when they've been able to refine the package. You've got to remember that the KRT effort has been winning for the past four years, and they've not had to change much. Heck, they had to work with less last year as JR65 got hit with rev-limit penalties as he was wiping the floor with everyone. Instead of complaining about it, they focused on getting the bike through the corners faster and smoother. Ducati have gone and smashed as much power as possible out of a V4 platform in an attempt to catch up.

Rea was comfortably faster [in the first test] than anyone else, and even Bautista managed to embarrass Davies as a debutante on the new V4R, by riding it like a proper MotoGP bike, and not waiting until you saw death, brake, hope you make the corner and then climb on the gas as hard as possible.

I don't think there's going to be much of a shake-up this year to be frank. The KRT/JR65 package is just on another level.

Edit: Brain and fingers not in sync

Edited by bertusras