Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

I remember it took me almost a month to get the rear mudguard on the scrambler right.  And then I still tossed that one in the bin and started from scratch with a new one.  It had to be perfect!

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

any Pitcha's ?

I remember it took me almost a month to get the rear mudguard on the scrambler right.  And then I still tossed that one in the bin and started from scratch with a new one.  It had to be perfect!

I would love one of these to run around on, looks like Royal Enfield quality has picked up of late!

What are the specs on that?

Looks good, have to say

Used the KLE for the first time this morning.. 

Alberton to Midrand

It died at Van Buuren but switched to reserve and off I went again (It has fuel so im not sure why) 

Few issues Ive discovered, radiator fan isnt coming on

Gets quite warm, enough to make my leg uncomfortable. 

otherwise it was good to avoid traffic again, first time commuting for about 5 years! 

Alberton to Midrand

It died at Van Buuren but switched to reserve and off I went again (It has fuel so im not sure why) 

otherwise it was good to avoid traffic again, first time commuting for about 5 years! 

When I first got my 640, I went for a burn up Field's Hill. The bike died on me three times going up. (Not fun when the emergency lane is 200mm wide...) Switched to reserve and all was good (There was fuel in the tank)

Drained the tank and removed the fuel tap when I got home and found a load of sh!t clogging the valve. Gave it a good clean and has been fine ever since.

Fan not working might be the sensor or possibly a faulty fan relay or a broken fan. If the bike has a temp gauge, get it hot enough to where the fan should switch on and see if there is power to the fan. Trace it back to the relay and then the switch to eliminate faults.

Good luck!

Alberton to Midrand

Dirty "fuel cock filter" perhaps?

Not sure if the KLE has the same, but there normaly is a small mesh filter inside the fuel cock that prevents bigger particles of dirt / rust entering the fuel line. Unfortunately you have to remove the whole fuel cock to get to it.

OK, I found your Pitcha's (took some time).... you sir have done lot's of great work, and one day when I grow up I want to be just like you :P

I'm thinking though it's time I stopped buggering around with bicycles and started a new project.....

Dirty "fuel cock filter" perhaps?

Not sure if the KLE has the same, but there normaly is a small mesh filter inside the fuel cock that prevents bigger particles of dirt / rust entering the fuel line. Unfortunately you have to remove the whole fuel cock to get to it.

The adolescent in me always has a little giggle when they refer to the Fuel Petcock in the manual.

In fact, our company makes 3-way Cocks and Ball Valves, and I still have to stifle a snigger when we sit in management meetings and discuss leaking 3-way cocks.....

OK, I found your Pitcha's (took some time).... you sir have done lot's of great work, and one day when I grow up I want to be just like you :P

Haha - thanks - I still think I'm a bit of a novice though when I see what some of the guys get up to on the hub - that Bogus chap some some sterling paintwork!

spotted this on Gumtree ..... been working on the wife RE the bike, but do not think it will happen now (Spending cash on other "more important things" right now) .... is this a good price for the bike?

From my little knowledge I would think it is, and then if one has to ship a bike from JHB to CT is it a small fortune?

https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-motorcycles-scooters/johannesburg-south/bmw-r1150gs-for-sale-current-km-is-28-000-very-good-condition-r40-000-onco-trade-in-your-klr-650/1004004839100910004836209

I'm afraid I don't know GS's well enough at all to comment.  But I've had bikes transported up from CT for around R1200 so it's not too expensive.