Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, sawystertrance said:

Where was this Andrew?

I really need to get something to record our routes, something like Strava but for motorcycle trips because I would love to view data afterwards.

In short:

Durbanville -> Rawsonville -> Robertson -> Ashton -> Montagu -> Joubertspoort -> Touwsrivier -> Worcester -> Durbanville

Mostly tar but from Montagu it was a good 60km or so of pure endless gravel roads and Joubertspoort was a bit technical since it was a 4x4 Jeep Track but nothing too major since we passed through with no crashes or any issues.

Going to Rawsonville we took the Du Toitskloof Pass and back we went through the tunnel.

Edited by Andrew_Smith

7 hours ago, Andrew_Smith said:

I really need to get something to record our routes, something like Strava but for motorcycle trips because I would love to view data afterwards.

In short:

Durbanville -> Rawsonville -> Robertson -> Ashton -> Montagu -> Joubertspoort -> Touwsrivier -> Worcester -> Durbanville

Mostly tar but from Montagu it was a good 60km or so of pure endless gravel roads and Joubertspoort was a bit technical since it was a 4x4 Jeep Track but nothing too major since we passed through with no crashes or any issues.

Going to Rawsonville we took the Du Toitskloof Pass and back we went through the tunnel.

Great ride you guys did there Andrew. A great App that I like to use similar to Strava and also orange (feels familiar 😉) is Rever. 

I spoke privately to Riaan and shared a couple of links to Rever rides with him. Ask him to forward them to you then you can have a look. 

Did my first large group ride (If 62 bikes is considered large?) this morning with the Winelands Hogs.

Nice group of people, and the group ride dynamic is interesting to say the least. Not sure I will be doing too many large rides out vs a smaller group of 3 to say max 10 riders.

Youngest participant was a 9year old girl riding with her dad and the worlds biggest smile on her face :)

All in a fun way to end the year.

Woke my neighbours up at 4:15am when I left home, we left from the HD Dealer at Tygervalley 5:30'ish to Melkbos via the Durbanville Hills, N1, link road to Melkbos and then the coastal road to the lower level parking area at the Cable Car Station.

Back home just after 7am to wake the wife and make her a decent coffee.

20211231_063613.jpg

19 hours ago, Andrew_Smith said:

In short:

The app Relive also works well. You can chose the mode of transport. Can also be used for cycling. What is nice is that if you take pics along the route, it will add them at the appropriate time. Download a 3D type video of your ride afterwards.

49 minutes ago, WaynejG said:

The app Relive also works well. You can chose the mode of transport. Can also be used for cycling. What is nice is that if you take pics along the route, it will add them at the appropriate time. Download a 3D type video of your ride afterwards.

Have used Relive in conjunction with Strave before, did not know you could use it independently. 

Also a super cool app.👍

Happy 2022 all.

Just a friendly reminder to check your valves according to your service intervals.

Didn't realise the urgency of this, now my bike is just sitting in the garage and cannot start.

Valves too tight I presume but luckily not a super expensive fix but still, something that could have been avoided.

Ride safe and keep the rubber side up.

1 hour ago, Andrew_Smith said:

Happy 2022 all.

Just a friendly reminder to check your valves according to your service intervals.

Didn't realise the urgency of this, now my bike is just sitting in the garage and cannot start.

Valves too tight I presume but luckily not a super expensive fix but still, something that could have been avoided.

Ride safe and keep the rubber side up.

#JustSaying that Harleys have hydraulic valves and never need to be checked .... this I learnt recently :P

So trade in the beamer for a Harley :P

50 minutes ago, Hairy said:

#JustSaying that Harleys have hydraulic valves and never need to be checked .... this I learnt recently :P

So trade in the beamer for a Harley :P

What! That's so cool! I envy you... Sadly the BMW brand has sucked me into their ecosystem, doubt that I would really change, except for a Ducati Superbike which will probably kill me in the process.

For now, the G650X can be used to improve my riding skills, can be dropped a few times, and later on I'll probably be on a 800/1200 with the big boys just cruising highway miles in comfort.

Chapmans Peak Toll Gate .... is this open at all hours as I can not find any closing times on their website?

Looking to do an early morning ride out that way

1 hour ago, RoddieJ said:

Funny thing is...

I considered trading my Harley for a 1200RT. But the dealer saved me by making a stupid offer for my bike.

However, I’m thinking of getting an RT or 1300GT to park next to the Harley 🤞🏽

My wife wants to come riding an doing some weekend tour’s so also looking at a tourer. Can’t maintain all these bikes so might have to let Harley go at some point. We wait n see. Thinking vfr , 800 gt or maybe new zook 1000. 

will be sad. So hopefully not needed.