SAA 'loses' Ironman athlete's bicycle

Hearts*

He flew SAA, they only control the plane, it could have been BA or anyone else.

ACSA controls our airport and they should be held to blame not the airline. just imagine if all the airlines had their own employees down in the basement sorting out the bags etc, it would never work.

we claim to the flight operator and they claim to ACSA, I wonder what the operator gets back in payment???

I fly international regularly and with most of the airlines, touch wood, to date I have not had things go missing, even fire arms. we have had bags take a world trip at no extra cost to me.

This post is correct.

People associate the "airport" with SAA.

ACSA is responsible for baggage.

All the other airlines also depend on ACSA and they also suffer losses.

Edited by An3

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Emirates lost my luggage on the way to a 10 day hike.

I ran around madrid like a headless chicken trying to replace the most urgent in the three hours i had before my train left. New hiking boots are joy ( sarcasm )

Long emails later they paid for about 15% of the expenses. Their reasoning is that they found it within 3 days.

It isnt so easy to hike with 2 backpacks. So i told them to send it home to joburg. A month later it got home.

I would not have been surprised if I opened it and it contained a lot of single socks.

Moderation note:

A large number of posts have been removed due to racist and inappropriate comments. If you'd quoted such comments your post(s) would have been removed as well.

Our community rules are clear on this issue:

We will not tolerate racism, sexism, homophobia or other forms of hate-speech, or contributions that could be interpreted as such. We recognise the difference between criticising a particular government, organisation, community or belief and attacking people on the basis of their race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.

Debating the issue is as always encouraged, but racist and inappropriate comments will not be tolerated.

Moderation note:

A large number of posts have been removed due to racist and inappropriate comments. If you'd quoted such comments your post(s) would have been removed as well.

Our community rules are clear on this issue:

Debating the issue is as always encouraged, but racist and inappropriate comments will not be tolerated.

I stated facts, don't beat me because I am not PC.

I don't care what colour you are, white, Indian, black, Chinese...

I stated facts, don't beat me because I am not PC.

I don't care what colour you are, white, Indian, black, Chinese...

No. You stated "they" and "baboons". Can you please give references for your so called facts?

No. You stated "they" and "baboons". Can you please give references for your so called facts?

Sure...

post-12441-1401869165,0029.jpg

Chukky and andydude - lets not continue to derail this thread.

Start a PM conversation or new thread if you want to nitpick.

Guest Travis.

Chukky and andydude - lets not continue to derail this thread.

Start a PM conversation or new thread if you want to nitpick.

+1 This got old really quickly.

Over sensitive, yes that is what South Africans have become.

I feel sorry for the fool that calls me a white and privileged honky one day.

Really?

What should we be doing, Wyatt? Roll over and let anger and hate take over and poison our minds?

I understand that this forum is fun for you, but I do draw a line sometimes and I will voice my opinion just like everybody does. If you don't condemn certain behaviour, you in a sense agree with it. Remember there are many hubbers out there that don't know the secret code of the hub.

To get back to the topic, yes, the baggage was misplaced and/or stolen. That does not mean the whole South Africa, or rather a certain "group" according to some, are responsible. As was mentioned, you'll insure your bike if it's valued at R100k. The same as you won't try to include your bike in your general insurance, but you'll rather specify it seperately at the R100k.

Really?

What should we be doing, Wyatt? Roll over and let anger and hate take over and poison our minds?

I understand that this forum is fun for you, but I do draw a line sometimes and I will voice my opinion just like everybody does. If you don't condemn certain behaviour, you in a sense agree with it. Remember there are many hubbers out there that don't know the secret code of the hub.

To get back to the topic, yes, the baggage was misplaced and/or stolen. That does not mean the whole South Africa, or rather a certain "group" according to some, are responsible. As was mentioned, you'll insure your bike if it's valued at R100k. The same as you won't try to include your bike in your general insurance, but you'll rather specify it seperately at the R100k.

It is a certain group, maybe Admatt will give me another warning if I state which?

People are so pussy foot about stating what race and who did what.

If you're a black that's your identity, blame your mamma and papa for that. Not me

You are what you are