SAA 'loses' Ironman athlete's bicycle

Hearts*

It is a certain group, maybe Admatt will give me another warning if I state which?

Hu ? Why are we not allowed to mention Monkeys on here ?>?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really?

What should we be doing, Wyatt? Roll over and let anger and hate take over and poison our minds?

I understand that this forum is fun for you, but I do draw a line sometimes and I will voice my opinion just like everybody does. If you don't condemn certain behaviour, you in a sense agree with it. Remember there are many hubbers out there that don't know the secret code of the hub.

To get back to the topic, yes, the baggage was misplaced and/or stolen. That does not mean the whole South Africa, or rather a certain "group" according to some, are responsible. As was mentioned, you'll insure your bike if it's valued at R100k. The same as you won't try to include your bike in your general insurance, but you'll rather specify it seperately at the R100k.

I think you are overreacting to be honest.

I also feel that people are and become over sensitive the minute colour steps in to the equation.

If someone gives me hassles by driving like a hooligan, I will call them a monkey under my breath, regardless of which demographic they fall under.

To be honest ,I think most people who take offence to anyone being called a monkey should take a deep look in themselves, they are most likely offended by it because they personally think the other person might resemble a monkey.

I saw a guy this weekend , seriously big ears, massive jaw and rolled shoulders, his eyes were squinting to the extent that he can see the 3 and 9 on the Big Ben with opposite eyes, he looked like a serious product of inbreeding ,and yes I know it might come across as if I am joking and trying to embarrass this individual, the bottom line is, he seriously looked like an ogre.

He was at the dog show at the Outdoor Expo, and I was watching him as kids and people tried to get past him ,he was so gentle and apologetic for "being in the way" and everyone returned a big smile his way in acknowledgement of his gentlemanly manner.

Now if he carried on like an unmannered fool and annoyed people and they called him an ogre to his face or under their breath, would it be any different to Mr. Chiseled jaw muscle man with the hot brunette that carries on like an absolute box being called an ogre as well.

The point I am trying to make, often we make generalisations and if that be the case , then often we are wrong, but nowadays it has become more acceptable if whites call each other monkeys ,but oh my goodness, let's not call our brethren the same name when they carry on as such invoking generalisations in people.

I am not saying that when we do that it's always acceptable.

As for the assumption that the baggage handlers were black, I would have thought so too, I actually have never seen whites or that many for that matter handling baggage at the airways.

And in any case, we know that most whites only work in the complaints department at the airways .

You see them on the runway flagging their arms saying "kom planes ,kom planes"

It's just getting flippin stupid.

Clown is racist

Dog is racist

Monkey is racist

Baboon is racist

The world has turned into a place where people go around looking to be insulted.

Ultimately who cares if someone you've never met and will probably never meet says anything about your religion/race/hair colour or penis size. It's the opinion of a nobody. Let it go.

Sure we're all guilty of being baited and trolled but how about we turn over a new leaf today and let angry nobodies spew their venom without us turning into them?

This is not just about references to monkeys or baboons.

Alongside these references (which I agree in some contexts people overreact to and may prematurely shout "racist"), there were blatant racist comments.

Let me be more specific:

The blacks there in baggage handling have long fingers and like to steal

Comments like the above are completely unacceptable.

This is not just about references to monkeys or baboons.

Alongside these references (which I agree in some contexts people overreact to and may prematurely shout "racist"), there were blatant racist comments.

Let me be more specific:

Comments like the above are completely unacceptable.

My mom always told me the truth sometimes hurts.

Seems she was right

This was even shown on TV Matt, they didnt blur the characters and replace them with stick men.

We saw the demographic.

Im tired of this racial rubbish like Eldron says above, I dont care what or who you are I will categorise you.

If you're black - you're black

Indian - you're indian

White - you're white

Society is becoming a bunch of pussies because everyone loves the race card

Get over it.

Edited by ChUkKy

It's just getting flippin stupid.

Clown is racist

Dog is racist

Monkey is racist

Baboon is racist

The world has turned into a place where people go around looking to be insulted.

Ultimately who cares if someone you've never met and will probably never meet says anything about your religion/race/hair colour or penis size. It's the opinion of a nobody. Let it go.

Sure we're all guilty of being baited and trolled but how about we turn over a new leaf today and let angry nobodies spew their venom without us turning into them?

and who is going to be the voice of the animals? They are being associated with such negativity :ph34r:

Athlete's bike found - in Buenos Aires

June 5 2014 at 08:56am

Comment on this story

http://www.iol.co.za/polopoly_fs/catuogno-lib-1.1698898!/image/2871020389.jpg_gen/derivatives/box_300/2871020389.jpg

Argentine athlete, Carlos Catuogno, with his custom made Cerv�lo triathlon bicycle. Picture: Supplied

Cape Town - An Ironman South Africa participant’s custom-made sports gear that went missing on connecting flights from Argentina to Joburg has been found.

This week the Cape Argus reported on Argentinian triathlete Carlos Catuogno’s call for athletes to boycott SAA, which he said had ruined his experience of the South African leg of the international triathlon series by losing the bike and other gear valued at about R120 000.

SAA accepted responsibility and offered to compensate Catuogno about R17 000, but Catuogno insisted his bike be returned to him.

But SAA spokesman Tlali Tlali said the bike case was never handed over to SAA by baggage handlers at Sao Paolo international airport in Brazil.

”On 2 April 2014, our Johannesburg baggage claims service desk logged a missing bag claim and a reference number was generated accordingly. SAA notified and made contact with all parties in the value chain in effort to establish and recover the missing baggage,” Tlali said.

Tlali said TAM, the Brazilian airline that flew Catuogno from Buenos Aires to Sao Pao, found the case at a warehouse at Buenos Aires Aeroparque Airport.

Catuogno e-mailed the Cape Argus on Wednesday to confirm that he had received the bike and accompanying sports gear.

“Incredible. After two months, they finally found the bike! Today they gave me the box with all the stuff in my house. Tomorrow I (start training again)! Thank you very much.”

”We truly regret the unpleasant flying experience endured by our passenger,” Tlali said

“Our insistent engagement with TAM is a confirmation of our resolve towards customer satisfaction. We knew we were not in receipt of the items but pursued the matter with TAM until they were recovered.”

daneel.knoetze@inl.co.za

Cape Argus

http://www.iol.co.za/travel/travel-news/athlete-s-bike-found-in-buenos-aires-1.1698899#.U5Ad_foaKUk

Sure...

post-12441-1401869165,0029.jpg

Just want to check something:

Referring to this picture would both these questions/statements be considered racist or just nr 1?

1. Where in Soweto was this picture taken?

2. Where in SA was this picture taken?

I just want to get my head around what actually is considered racist these days.

Just want to check something:

Referring to this picture would both these questions/statements be considered racist or just nr 1?

1. Where in Soweto was this picture taken?

2. Where in SA was this picture taken?

I just want to get my head around what actually is considered racist these days.

Careful , I am not sure you want an answer, some hubbers may just tell you that your avatar is racist.

But I guess the woman who has a look of orgasmic proportions is very racist, I mean who drives a Ford ?