WIGGINS DROPPED FROM SKY FOR TDF 2014

Waynehans

Wiggins was dropped by Froome! and now by SKY !

Can't argue with that

Heehee

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In a perfect dream World, its rider signings happening in a month and a half and a team pays up Wiggins contract, signs him up now and includes him in a new team to ride this years Tour and we have a race on our hands...In a perfect dream World

We can only dream, there is a window in Aug for riders to change teams. We'll have to wait & see.

Apparently Brailsford has chipped in by saying that no team has been announced for the TdF and no one but him picks the team.

Not exactly sure the line up is going to be changing though.

I hope woggo does not go to orica, will ruin the viab on the team. He would ruin the backstage passes.

I dont think we must completely forget that Brad started most of this by being a pain in the arse. He must have thought he was untouchable. Even if he does make it back in by some miracle, the terms will have changed a lot.

Yip, cycling is now a corporate job and as they say about that toxic environment : " be good to people on your way up, because you will need them on your way down"

David Millar on Cyclingnews:

The Tour starts in Yorkshire in less than a month and signifies a special moment for British riders within the peloton. Every British rider, Millar included, wants to be there but Bradley Wiggins has recently announced that Team Sky would not be taking him to the race. Millar and Wiggins know each other well and rode together at Garmin before Wiggins’ shift to Team Sky. Millar admitted that he can see both sides of the argument surrounding whether the 2012 Tour winner should be selected this time around.

“Dave Brailsford as we’ve seen, always makes rational decisions. It’s very brave one from him, that’s for sure. But at the same time all they're interested in is winning the Tour. So I guess they think their best chance might be without Bradley there. I don’t think they’ll have taken the decision lightly and although it goes against what a lot of the British public, the media and the sponsors would like, the bottom line is that they want to win the Tour,” Millar told Cyclingnews.

“We all know that Brad has a special personality and evidently Chris must do as well. If you want to win the Tour de France you have to be a bit of a special dude. I think Brailsford understands that you can only have one special dude in each team and they’ve chosen the one that gives them the most chance of winning.”

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/david-millar-ive-still-got-one-big-win-in-me

I'm so happy we got so many good ( modest ) riders coming through the ranks internationally. Goodbye and good riddance Wiggins :ph34r:

David Millar on Cyclingnews:

“We all know that Brad has a special personality and evidently Chris must do as well. If you want to win the Tour de France you have to be a bit of a special dude. I think Brailsford understands that you can only have one special dude in each team and they’ve chosen the one that gives them the most chance of winning.”

http://www.cyclingne...e-big-win-in-me

Special....whahahahhaa...

love it.

Not that i like team sky in any way … but the team should be BIGGER than the riders… ill select my best men and go for the win (who ever wins). Same thing with Cavendish… the team was bigger but now it seems Froome is bigger and I'm sure this whole thing is Froomes decision alone! No real manager in his right mind would leave someone like wiggo with current form out of the tour…. its straight forward madness!!

That said it won't matter to me as its my last team in the pro tour!

The Tour marketers could not script a better marketing plan, lets hope the racing meets with all this hype...

I'm so happy we got so many good ( modest ) riders coming through the ranks internationally. Goodbye and good riddance Wiggins :ph34r:

So Wiggins is going somewhere then??

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Yup its Dave's call, and he really should be doing some damage control.

Chris must still learn that life is too short to burn your bridges with people over issues like this. And they are still team mates ffs.

Have to say that Froome's performance in the Dauphine today does give him some right to influence team choices

He klapped gat today despite Richie bonking halfway up the last climb

Yes it was an impressive performance, but there are constructive and destructive ways of handling team/people problems. Dishing the dirt in print is the latter.

Yes it was an impressive performance, but there are constructive and destructive ways of handling team/people problems. Dishing the dirt in print is the latter.

Not sure what Dave B is playing at. He should be ruling Sky with an iron fist especially since he's not sharing the day job with UK cycling. Every coach knows that you should be able to run the team and not have the team run you... Wiggins gave his interview to the BBC. If that's not a big F-you to Sky the broadcaster, then I'm not sure what is.