• M. Night Shyamalan
    • Steven Spielberg
    • Quentin Tarantino
    • Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

Very dark indeed.

The way Gotham City is portrayed in the cinematography - grey, damp, hopeless

And JP delivers a masterful performance in the lead role.

Don’t go watch it if you don’t have stamina

As kids we loved hero's. As adults we understand villains.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For any lover of outdoor sports, and mountain sports in particular, The BANFF Film Festival is on at the moment. Have tickets booked, but haven't seen what short films are included this year. 

https://www.banff.co.za/

Saw Joker last night.

Utterly brilliant. You get glimpses of the joker that would eventually come to be under Heath Ledger, and I imagine that when I watch Dark Knight I'll have a new appreciation for another immense performance.

It's dark, it's gritty. But most of all, it felt real and entirely understandable from his position. And that makes it all the more concerning. Gets you to think. Properly.

The descent into madness is not a stairway. It's a rolling country road that comes down from the hills to the sea.

Finally got to see it last night, honestly for me, hard movie to sit through and maybe didn't enjoy it much while watching it. But certainly brilliant and I loved how the director was brave enough to do something different. Can't remember the last time I saw a movie like this on the mainstream circuit. Loved how they portrayed his schizophrenia - when you realise that you can never be certain that what you see actually happened or was maybe just in his mind. 

Finally got to see it last night, honestly for me, hard movie to sit through and maybe didn't enjoy it much while watching it. But certainly brilliant and I loved how the director was brave enough to do something different. Can't remember the last time I saw a movie like this on the mainstream circuit. Loved how they portrayed his schizophrenia - when you realise that you can never be certain that what you see actually happened or was maybe just in his mind.

Boys and I are going tonight.

We can't wait.

We found a treasure yesterday.

An original Lion King blu-ray disk for R19-99

Not the new one, but the 1994 Lion King (the good one and not the piece of trash remake)

Can’t wait to hear the Lion King in 5.1 DTS...

We found a treasure yesterday.

An original Lion King blu-ray disk for R19-99

Not the new one, but the 1994 Lion King (the good one and not the piece of trash remake)

Can’t wait to hear the Lion King in 5.1 DTS...

I am sure I said this before, but I was still at school when the Lion King was on the circuit and I worked at the Tygervalley Sterkinekor back then as an usher. 

The sound system was flipping amazing, then the theme song kicks in and scenes like the stampede just come to life.

EVERY show was a sell out.

I am sure I said this before, but I was still at school when the Lion King was on the circuit and I worked at the Tygervalley Sterkinekor back then as an usher.

The sound system was flipping amazing, then the theme song kicks in and scenes like the stampede just come to life.

EVERY show was a sell out.

I watched that movie so many times I could tell my wife what songs they screwed up in the remake.

One of my friends had the VHS and we had a VHS player, and my folks were never home so we were the go to house to watch movies at, and I found out how to get the sound through our HiFi system.

Still is one of the movies I love the most

IMAX-ed the new Terminator movie.

Action. Tense. Similar plot to the legendary Terminator 2. No surprises.

Loved the chase.

Sarah Connor and Arnie. Superb.

And the new 'augmented human being', she rocked.

6.5/10

Saw Joker last night.

Utterly brilliant. You get glimpses of the joker that would eventually come to be under Heath Ledger, and I imagine that when I watch Dark Knight I'll have a new appreciation for another immense performance.

It's dark, it's gritty. But most of all, it felt real and entirely understandable from his position. And that makes it all the more concerning. Gets you to think. Properly.

The descent into madness is not a stairway. It's a rolling country road that comes down from the hills to the sea.

We finally got round to watching it today..friday plans were a bust.

Holy shite it was brilliant

That's one of the best performances I have seen in a very long time.

Edited by Gen

I watched that movie so many times I could tell my wife what songs they screwed up in the remake.

One of my friends had the VHS and we had a VHS player, and my folks were never home so we were the go to house to watch movies at, and I found out how to get the sound through our HiFi system.

Still is one of the movies I love the most

Lol we had it on VHS and my eldest would come to me in his nappy and say Fasa Fasa (Mufasa) he would watch it over and over .. he actually wanted to become a Lion when he was little... I still know the dialogue off by heart.

We finally got round to watching it today..friday plans were a bust.

Holy shite it was brilliant

That's one of the best performances I have seen in a very long time.

Suuuuuch a good movie. Hit all the points, in my opinion.