• Martin Scorsese
    • Ridley Scott
    • M. Night Shyamalan
    • Steven Spielberg
    • Quentin Tarantino
    • Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

Watched yesterday tonight. I thought it would be some good light hearter entertainment... But it was really painful to watch

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched The King on Netflix.

Was very pleasantly surprised and to me it was very good. Do yourselves a favour and watch it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7984766/

I rate it higher the the 7.2 it got on IMDB. I would rate it a 8.5. The acting was simply put, brilliant in this film. A want to see more of this sort of stuff.

Edited by Moridin

I see Ster Kinekor is under business rescue

https://www.moneyweb.co.za/news/companies-and-deals/ster-kinekor-enters-business-rescue/

As much as sentimental me still love going to the cinema every now and then it is very obvious that the old business model of cinemas is dead and in need of serious innovation.

Maybe a nice big screen outside where you can sit in your car and watch the movie?

Edited by MrJacques

Maybe a nice big screen outside where you can sit in your car and watch the movie?

At least here in Cpt there is at least one company doing drive in movies now. But its mostly old movies at ridiculous prices, can't really see the drive-in being revived the way they are going about it around here.

I see Ster Kinekor is under business rescue

https://www.moneyweb.co.za/news/companies-and-deals/ster-kinekor-enters-business-rescue/

As much as sentimental me still love going to the cinema every now and then it is very obvious that the old business model of cinemas is dead and in need of serious innovation.

I've never been one who needs the big screen experience to be entertained with a movie, but there's still a big population that do. My daughter is one of them.. She only watches new movies at the theatre. Perhaps the answer is multi purpose centres, or smaller cinemas

I've never been one who needs the big screen experience to be entertained with a movie, but there's still a big population that do. My daughter is one of them.. She only watches new movies at the theatre. Perhaps the answer is multi purpose centres, or smaller cinemas

I'm one of those that love the big screen experience. I used to go to the movies almost weekly, now its maybe once every month or 2. At R150 a ticket for IMAX ticket it's not exactly a budget option for our family of 4 for an evening out. (not even adding the other extras here)

Edited by Skubarra

I'm one of those that love the big screen experience. I used to go to the movies almost weekly, now its maybe once every month or 2. At R150 a ticket for IMAX ticket it's not exactly a budget option for our family of 4 for an evening out. (not evening adding the other extras here)

I have never really gone to the cinema much as I have the attention span of a squirrel on acid but for the children they really enjoy it but like you say it's not a cheap option. 

Took the family to see Soul, in 3D, at Ster-Kinekor. Quite a nice moral to the story - live life to the fullest now, you won't get a second chance.

Anyway, the 2D vs 3D wouldn't have made a difference, and watching it on TV vs big screen wasn't too much of a "wow". I still want to watch Top Gun on IMAX, mostly for the experience of the ultra-high quality picture and the sound.

Watched the little things. Nice murder thriller with a open ending as to who the murderer is

Spoilers :(

Was interesting though.

Took the family to see Soul, in 3D, at Ster-Kinekor. Quite a nice moral to the story - live life to the fullest now, you won't get a second chance.

Anyway, the 2D vs 3D wouldn't have made a difference, and watching it on TV vs big screen wasn't too much of a "wow". I still want to watch Top Gun on IMAX, mostly for the experience of the ultra-high quality picture and the sound.

I told my wife the other day to "Quiet Coyote" while simultaneously making the symbol.  I almost joined the world of souls.....